Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What does the word 'vigorous' mean?

ReputationRep:
    try typing the following two words into a google search

define vigorous

and see what happens

ReputationRep:
    There's this book that contains the meaning of just about every single word in the English language. It's called a DICTIONARY. You should give it a read.

ReputationRep:
    Come on man, you can just type the word vigorous into google and get your answer.

Please, adhere to my advice with vigorous intent.

ReputationRep:
    Instead of ranting about the OP's lack of common sense, realise your own and just answer the question...

Vigorous: characterized by forceful and energetic action or activity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)
    Instead of ranting about the OP's lack of common sense, realise your own and just answer the question...

give a man a fire and you warm him for one day - set him on fire and you've warmed him for the rest of his life.

how's he ever going to learn the important life/study skill of being able to find stuff out for himself with people spoonfeeding him?

ReputationRep:
    Whatever man, if you don't wna answer it don't comment. I did use google. There's no chemical definition why else do you think I posted here, all I found was strength. Gosh man what's with all the hate. why view this this thread if you don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Inquisitive)

So its the activity of a reaction, rate of reaction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaya1)
    There's no chemical definition why else do you think I posted here, all I found was strength.
    You'll find a lot of words used to describe chemical processes aren't necessarily specific to chemical processes.

(Original post by http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/)
    vig·or·ous adj \?vi-g(?-)r?s\
    1: possessing vigor : full of physical or mental strength or active force : strong <a vigorous youth> <a vigorous plant>

2: done with vigor : carried out forcefully and energetically <vigorous exercises>
    Thus a reaction that happens quickly, normally with a large output of heat.

If you want an example, look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiJ3WZ5oTEE

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.