Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BlackBerry 9780 Contract £20 per month: real deal? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I really like this phone and found what appears to be a great deal.

I'm after Unlimited Internet, and not fussed about minutes/texts - I'd like to pay £20-25, and came across this:

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/c...s&siteid=22087

Am I misreading or not picking up on something, i.e. where's the catch? Because it looks too good to be true for £19.99 .............

THANKS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by duke5)
    Hi there,

I really like this phone and found what appears to be a great deal.

I'm after Unlimited Internet, and not fussed about minutes/texts - I'd like to pay £20-25, and came across this:

http://www.affordablemobiles.co.uk/c...s&siteid=22087

Am I misreading or not picking up on something, i.e. where's the catch? Because it looks too good to be true for £19.99 .............

THANKS
    That's a good deal. I am with T-Mobile and have a BB an pay £10 a month. I am supposed to have unlimited internet but don't so i need to ring them up, but yeah it is possible

ReputationRep:
    hey thanks, so there's no catch here then that you can see? what's this free line rental thing for 5 months?

ReputationRep:
    Count it as being 25 pm, for the effective cost to actually be 20 per month you'd have to correctly redeem your cash (involves sending the right bills to them on time - sounds simple but as far as I've heard they'll come up with any excuse not to give you your money back).

ReputationRep:
    5 Months Line Rental By Redemption

Dreaded redemption, you need to jump through some hoops before you get some of your month back... you pay £25/m first then you recieve a check (hopefully) back

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt get too happy about the 5 month line rental from redemption

ReputationRep:
    HI,

Uk top leading networks offers Blackberry Bold 9780 on contract and payg deals with free gifts like laptops ,ps3 and LCD Tv .

compare Blackberry bold 9780 contract on £20 per month and other monthly contracts on 18 month and 24 month contract

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabriela)
    That's a good deal. I am with T-Mobile and have a BB an pay £10 a month. I am supposed to have unlimited internet but don't so i need to ring them up, but yeah it is possible
    Sounds like you are missing a BlackBerry Package or BIS Package, whatever your telco may refer to it as.

This should cost you £5 per month (usually). If you have access to BlackBerry Messenger then I am wrong and you have the BIS and should contact T-Mobile to rectify or clarify the plan you're on... however I'd be quick to suggest you may be lacking a BIS bolt-on/package.

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks ago i did actually get this plan http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobil...kBerry/7690011

£20pm 100mins/umltd txts/BB services/500mb (at least thats what my orange account says so ignore 250mb on the site)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lukely)
    Sounds like you are missing a BlackBerry Package or BIS Package, whatever your telco may refer to it as.

This should cost you £5 per month (usually). If you have access to BlackBerry Messenger then I am wrong and you have the BIS and should contact T-Mobile to rectify or clarify the plan you're on... however I'd be quick to suggest you may be lacking a BIS bolt-on/package.
    Wrll, it's quite confusing with my phone, because I did have BBM but then it disappeared and my internet disappeared with it, although I have rang them up once already and they said that when I turn my phone back on I should have Internet Plus, my sister has the same phone and has no problem with it whatsoever :? I guess it may be just my luck :rolleyes:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 22, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.