Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, couldn't find an answer to this on the Nottingham Accommodation website so perhaps TSR could help! Where, for example, the Jubilee campus offer accommodation on a 31 week basis "excluding holidays" does this mean we have to move all of our stuff out during Christmas/Easter or just move ourselves out?

Thanks for any advice on this.

Edit: Google sent me to a TSR thread which revealed that you do move out during the holidays however can pay extra to stay (although you aren't guaranteed the same room). Oh well!

ReputationRep:
    You have to move your stuff out as well.
    However, you can pay like £5 per night to store your stuff somewhere.

This is the reason why I'm a bit meh on the catered accomodation. I'm too lazy to move out.

ReputationRep:
    Heya, for the catered halls (which are 31 weeks), you do have to move everything out in christmas and easter. Which is a bit of a pain. You can, however, book the same book in the holidays but you need to do this by September when you accept your accommodation offer in order to keep the same room. And it tends to be expensive. For my room, if I wanted to keep it in the holidays, I'd have to pay an extra £1020. So it wasn't worth it. I just checked and for Jubilee it was £970 this year.

If you decide last minute to keep your room, however, they may have already given it out elsewhere and so you may have to move into another room. It depends on your room. For example, I have an en-suite double bed room in a busy hall and so my room tends to be allocated to visitors first.

You can get storage from external companies too. A friend of mine did that. It costs about £40-80, depending on where you go and the offers they can give you so it may be cheaper to do that if you cannot take your stuff home every holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you both for the info!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.