Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically I have a brother at Northamton Uni, recently they gave me an offer through UCAS, today i come home and notice a letter addressed to my brother with his applicant number, but even my brothers name was wrongly spelled!!, at first I though maybe the letter is for him but i noticed it had my course details as he is doing completely different course!. Does this happen often with other unis, or does northampton dont give a s**t?

ReputationRep:
    Probably just an honest mistake, although I'm tempted to say it reflects the standard of the university.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty careless tbh...

ReputationRep:
    Ye...maybe i should pass it then.

ReputationRep:
    I honestly don't want to offend anyone, but by looking at your choices I'd just ignore Northampton altogether. I can't speak for Lincoln, but Trent, Brookes and especially Keele are far better universities in comparison to Northampton - personally I think Brookes and Trent are the best ex-polys at the moment.

I'm only posting this due to my upbringing - I live about 20 minutes from Northampton and know some of the students there. I won't be an ahole and tell you stories that I've heard, but for starters Northampton is a pretty grim place at the best of times I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)
    I honestly don't want to offend anyone, but by looking at your choices I'd just ignore Northampton altogether. I can't speak for Lincoln, but Trent, Brookes and especially Keele are far better universities in comparison to Northampton - personally I think Brookes and Trent are the best ex-polys at the moment.

I'm only posting this due to my upbringing - I live about 20 minutes from Northampton and know some of the students there. I won't be an ahole and tell you stories that I've heard, but for starters Northampton is a pretty grim place at the best of times I'm afraid.
    Trent is my firm. I know a few people in Northampton uni, I go there alot and I like it to be honest..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wookie42)

Don't forget Hertfordshire as the best ex-poly, according to the Independent - just missed out on its top 40.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.