Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Tesco Bank Telephone Interview Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a telephone interview for tesco bank on thursday morning for a general insurance customer service representative position. Can someone who has had a phone interview fill me in on the kind of questions they ask?

ReputationRep:
    bump cause interview is tomorrow morning. any help at all is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have the same interview on Friday. :confused: Im not sure what they'll ask, but from the impression Im getting it will be the typical why do you want to work for us? what is good customer service? I think it might be an idea to read up on general insurance etc incase they ask you what you know about it. Good luck for the interview and let me know how it was.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the late reply. It went pretty well, I've got into the next stage (assessment centre).
    Good luck for your interview.
    Mines lasted the full 45 minutes, but from speaking to another applicant it can last anything up to that depending on your answers. Regardless, there was only 4 questions and they were all competency based

I can't remember the fourth but the other three questions were:

1. Tell us about a time when you provided exceptional service to a customer.

2. Tell us about a time when you had to work towards a target or targets.

3. Tell us about a time you overcame a challenge.

Depending on your answers, you may get asked to clarify your answers When the interviewer asks deeper questions about the situation.

At the end he/she'll tell you if you've done enough to go to the next stage

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have the telephone based interview on sat morning. Does anyone know the forth question?? Also if anyone has had the assesment and face to face interview please help! :confused
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsoulsby)
    Hi, I have the telephone based interview on sat morning. Does anyone know the forth question?? Also if anyone has had the assesment and face to face interview please help! :confused
    Thanks
    I had the assessment centre and was unsuccessful proper gutted cause i was so hopeful for getting this job

anyway the assessment centre lasted only 2 hours

First there is a short presentation on the history of tesco bank

then you have a competency based interview where the interviewer will ask you why you want to work for tesco / why tesco should hire you aswell as a lot of competency questions. I think it was 6 competency questions but it felt like an unending list of them so I lost count of exactly how many it was. Just make sure you prepare a list of possible answers for as many competency questions you can think up cause there are so many of them.

Finally the last thing is a role play. You'll get 30 mins to read through a booklet detailing your call structure, what insurance you offer, and a blank template where you can fill the 'customers' details. Be careful here, the interviewer ('customer') may throw you off with a random question.

I got asked half way through the role play about some loyalty points the customer hadnt recieved and what I would do about it, and because I wasnt expecting it that bit threw me off (probably why i didnt get the job).

and thats all there is! good luck

ReputationRep:
    sorry to here that. Im no good at answering those type of questions or role play! I will give it a go. Is there not a maths test?

I know that Leeds Buildng society are taking on staff if your interested. They are based in silverlink business park, wallsend
    They keep taking a few people on at a time so if its not showing anything now it might in a few weeks.

Let me know and thanks for the info

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I just noticed your based i Glasgow! i think that tesco are taking on mortgage advisors soon. I have found the interviews are easier with mortgages (not sure why)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lsoulsby)
    sorry to here that. Im no good at answering those type of questions or role play! I will give it a go. Is there not a maths test?

I know that Leeds Buildng society are taking on staff if your interested. They are based in silverlink business park, wallsend
    They keep taking a few people on at a time so if its not showing anything now it might in a few weeks.

Let me know and thanks for the info

lol no maths test fortunately its just a role as a general insurance advisor

ReputationRep:
    cool, thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    hey, after the assessment centre, how long does it take for them to let you know if you've been sucessful or not? went for an interview the other day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smjr2007)
    hey, after the assessment centre, how long does it take for them to let you know if you've been sucessful or not? went for an interview the other day.
    well they said 7-10 days and it did take them that long to get back to me.

ReputationRep:
    thank you so much. i think it went ok but you just never know. you should apply again x

ReputationRep:
    i was gutted cause it was the perfect student job, part time training, great hours. you cant apply again for 6 months after being rejected though.

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview there over 12 days ago and have still not heard. Should I call them up?

ReputationRep:
    you should, if you got to the face-to-face interview stage and havent got a reply email for at least 10 days then you should chase it up.

ReputationRep:
    I emailed them on Friday as that was my 10th day and they phoned me straight away and said it was 10 working days so that is today and still waiting. Lol hopefully will hear soon.

X

ReputationRep:
    Hey I've got the assessment day for customer services role this week. Do they ask the same questions that you had in the telephone interview or is it completely different ones? I'm quite nervous about the roleplay part of it too scared I mess it up!

ReputationRep:
    the role play isnt difficult as long as you stay confident and relaxed. i only had one objection in the call and that was regarding tesco loyalty points, but i didnt expect an objection so i messed that up. dont panic and you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimboodee2)
    I emailed them on Friday as that was my 10th day and they phoned me straight away and said it was 10 working days so that is today and still waiting. Lol hopefully will hear soon.

X
    I called them to chase yesterday and she said they'd been inundated with calls chasing. She said that the Glasgow office haven't passed any info on to them yet and that they hoped to be letting folk know by the end of the week. However I kinda felt she was just telling me that to get me off the phone.
    My 10 working days was up a few days ago.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.