Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The story is short and exactly what the title said. After ringing them today I realized I need to fill in a form for them. I am a British citizen who came UK more than 3 years ago, my main purpose was not education.

My question is, how likely can I changed it back to home fee you all think?

Second question is ''Do my parents have to be in UK during last 3 years period?''

Thank you so much in advance to you all~~!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincentbbb)
    The story is short and exactly what the title said. After ringing them today I realized I need to fill in a form for them. I am a British citizen who came UK more than 3 years ago, my main purpose was not education.

My question is, how likely can I changed it back to home fee you all think?

Second question is ''Do my parents have to be in UK during last 3 years period?''

Thank you so much in advance to you all~~!
    The key part is that you can claim to be a British citizen. As long as you have proof of this (birth certificate, passport, right of abode, etc. -- I'm not sure exactly what's needed), this should be enough to get you home status. Call up again and get an address to send these details to (probably one of these).

Have another check of your UCAS form, because you might have to go through a similar process at other universities because of a mistake in your residential category.

ReputationRep:
    Being a British citizen isn't enough - it's based on residency (my girlfriend's a US green card holder and had to pay international fees at York, even though she's a British citizen). If you've been "ordinarily resident" for 3 years, you qualify for home fees.

I believe it's not York that determines your status, but the student loan company. More info: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Educatio...rted/DG_171575

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I think York is classifying me as an international student as well. My UCAS hasn't been updated yet but I got the offer letter. They put me up for international fees when I applied last year, so it wouldn't be surprising.

My concern is that they did give me an offer rather quickly (I sent my application like 3 weeks ago), so I am afraid that they may be giving me an offer just because they think I will be paying international fees. Would anyone here have any experience on having their offer retracted due to being classified as Home/EU fee?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aaslan)
    Sorry to hijack your thread but I think York is classifying me as an international student as well. My UCAS hasn't been updated yet but I got the offer letter. They put me up for international fees when I applied last year, so it wouldn't be surprising.

My concern is that they did give me an offer rather quickly (I sent my application like 3 weeks ago), so I am afraid that they may be giving me an offer just because they think I will be paying international fees. Would anyone here have any experience on having their offer retracted due to being classified as Home/EU fee?
    its ok.. anyway I agree with your assumption, they gave me an offer pretty quick too, and as you said I think they expect me to pay oversea. I rang york and they said I have to fill in a form, would you fill that form? The question is will york send the new information back to ucas, and ucas updated your info. Once the other uni know the info they will change your fee status to oversea? cus i am paying home to other unis..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.