Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be having a written controlled assessment in January on the topic 'Mi instituto'. I was wondering what is the best way to revise for this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simon-123)
    Hi, I will be having a written controlled assessment in January on the topic 'Mi instituto'. I was wondering what is the best way to revise for this?
    For our controlled assessment in 2008 we simply did an essay, had it marked, then had to learn it.

My advise would be to make phrases to revise, e.g with the subjunctive, high-level vocab & confident use of idiom to add formality to the piece.

As a starter, I can suggest the following. Take into account the context though because it would depend on *what* about your school the question was asking.

"Si yo fuese/fuera"... If I were (the headmaster? you? e.g If I were you..)
    Sea como sea, diga lo que diga... whatever is said/be that as it may
    Es discutible que... + subjunctive.. It is debateable that...

Ensure that if it is an essay, it has a clear systematic structure.
    For example,
    Primeramente a menra de introducción podemos decir que....

En segundo lugar, voy a abordar el tema de...

Finalmente, me gustaría añadir que...

Para concluir, es justo que digamos que...

Hope this helps
    Kins

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.