The Student Room Group

Any girls like muscular guys anymore?

Trawling through these threads it would appear that the ideal guy is either:

a) Skinny

b) With a bit of podge

Yet no females actually seem to go for the 'muscular look' anymore. I can see how "Bodybuilding size" could be very off putting, but aren't girls programmed to go for the tall, broad, muscly types ahead of either scrawny or very average body types?

Obviously, guys so obsessed with their physique are likely to be off putting for their lifestyle choice, but I don't really understand why girls on TSR seem to be so put off by six packs, pecs and biceps which all equate to a protective and healthy human.

Anyone with a love for muscles left on here?

Scroll to see replies

Yup :smile: Just dont overdo it.
Reply 2
Only a bit of muscle.
Reply 3
Yesss, arms and abs <3
Mmmm yes please...
Reply 5
Yes... me over in the corner here :tongue:
It's not a deal-breaker, but there's nothing wrong with muscle really, only when as you said, it gets to manic body building type. Then it makes me want to hurl.
I wouldn't say girls are programmed to go for that type, and obviously looks aren't everything.
So, yeah, muscular guys can be attractive :smile:
Lean muscluar is the best imo
Reply 7

It's just insecure TSR bitches that say that they find muscle unattractive.
Yes. :h:
If you're talking about muscular in a manly, grrrr sort of way, then yeah :coma: If you're skinny/athletic with muscles, not so much.
Reply 10
These are the answers you going to get:

"Ew"

"Yes, I like a well tonned man"

"Not much tbh, I like skinny guys"

"Muscular men are oldschool"

"Ewx2"

Anonymous: "Hell yes"

"I dont see why guys are so obsessed with muscle so much :confused:"

Anonymous2: "Muscular guys are disgusting!!!(..small rant on why she thinks they are disgusting...)"

Saved your time for you TSR females :wink:
Reply 11
I can't speak for anyone else, but I see some really muscular guys as being a bit narcissistic and vain (you know the type, always at the gym, obsessing over their biceps) which is why they can be a turn off.

However, that's nothing to do with the muscles themselves. Muscles are good. Muscular guys are attractive. It's a guy who's obsessed with having muscles that isn't.
Reply 12
I give up on GYM, Id rather go out and have a big Mac :frown:
Reply 13
I do :smile:
Actually there's plenty on here who do like muscle, it's just that there's a limit on how much of it is good looking. It is possible to go too far with the muscle-building. A happy medium is all good - I like visible muscles, but once you go into mega-bodybuilder territory, then it doesn't look good anymore.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15

hi girls
This is the first I've heard of this :smile:
A guy, for me, has at least got to have strong arms :smile: But preferably a rugby type body as long as they aren't fat. :smile:
Original post by otilov

hi girls

Yikes
Original post by Chayne
I can't speak for anyone else, but I see some really muscular guys as being a bit narcissistic and vain (you know the type, always at the gym, obsessing over their biceps) which is why they can be a turn off.

However, that's nothing to do with the muscles themselves. Muscles are good. Muscular guys are attractive. It's a guy who's obsessed with having muscles that isn't.

I think this is the general outlook on muscle. Good to take care of yourself but not to go too overboard.
Reply 19
so what's too far?

out of these?

Or do you, as I suspect like none of these?

Latest

Trending

Trending