Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Even “I’m sorry” Is Too Much to Give a Man Falsely Accused of Rape Watch

ReputationRep:
    story: link

read that story, it has some important examples of how bad a false rape claim get get. The main story is a woman made a false rape claim to get attention from her husband, she was ordered to print ads in four newspapers, speak on 2 radio stations and admit she lied but it was decared crule and unusual punishment.

what do you thing of the extream cases at the top of when false rape claims have a massive impact?
    Should all proven (not did they/ didnt they) rape liars be forced to do a very public apology?

ReputationRep:
    Now the man should get compensation from the woman. If it was the other way around you know it would happen, making his life am isery for however long and dirtying his reputation...

ReputationRep:
    She should be put in a male prison for a week after hundredss of rapes she will never make a rape story again
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Why are you so obsessed with this?

ReputationRep:
    Disgusting tbh...

ReputationRep:
    Yo maybe I would take you more seriously if you weren't quoting an article from a website which appears to be dedicated to misogynistic men being *******s and bemoaning the abnormality of a society where women don't spend all their time making sandwiches.

ReputationRep:
    In all cases of false accusation, the person should be prosecuted for perverting the course of justice. It should go to a trial.

ReputationRep:
    I have enormous sympathy for victims of both false-rape accusations and of actual rape. They’re both terrible and they both often destroy the lives of their victims.

Only a very miniscule amount of men are falsely accused, around 3 to 9 per cent but media hyperbole blows that out of proportion. Considering how difficult it is to have a man convicted even when there is evidence, false accusations of rape seems like a very uncertain method of getting even.

Why not make both identities protected up to the point of conviction. The law states you are innocent until proven guilty after all. :dontknow:

Neg me if you so wish. :pierre:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Why are you so obsessed with this?
    because I find it interesting, am I not allowed to be interested in things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)
    I have enormous sympathy for victims of both false-rape accusations and of actual rape. They’re both terrible and they both often destroy the lives of their victims.

Only a very miniscule amount of men are falsely accused, around 3 to 9 per cent but media hyperbole blows that out of proportion. Considering how difficult it is to have a man convicted even when there is evidence, false accusations of rape seems like a very uncertain method of getting even.

Why not make both identities protected up to the point of conviction. The law states you are innocent until proven guilty after all. :dontknow:

the false accused and under reporting information are very hard to prove and can be argued with but im not going to get into that. I think both identities should be protected and if a rape happened then the man should be un-anoned but in the event of a false rape claim then the woman should be un-anoned. Im not going to neg you because your just disagreeing with me with logic rather than just posting material not adressing anything to do with the subjects I raised and/or insult me.

ReputationRep:
    So much for equality

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im me)
    She should be put in a male prison for a week after hundredss of rapes she will never make a rape story again
    A bit extreme.

ReputationRep:
    this is precisely why the government tried to introduce anonymity for rape accused.

The problem is, as soon as anything to do with rape is brought up a lot of women just see red, throw all reason and logic out of the window and start foaming at the mouth.

So fair enough if they wont provide anonymity for the accused, but if they are found not guilty or its a fabricated case, the media/powers that be/the woman herself should clear the defenders name with the same zeal as which they besmudged it.

ReputationRep:
    None of this would happen if all women were just easy, why so frigid?

ReputationRep:
    What an amusing yet horrifying website.

ReputationRep:
    "Smart bombs and whiteknights are the tools of the wimminz." - The SpearHead.

:facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun1991)
    None of this would happen if all women were just easy, why so frigid?
    Sorry?

:lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    The ***** should have 'lying slut' branded on her forehead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovely_me)

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    story: link

read that story, it has some important examples of how bad a false rape claim get get. The main story is a woman made a false rape claim to get attention from her husband, she was ordered to print ads in four newspapers, speak on 2 radio stations and admit she lied but it was decared crule and unusual punishment.

what do you thing of the extream cases at the top of when false rape claims have a massive impact?
    Should all proven (not did they/ didnt they) rape liars be forced to do a very public apology?
    I think the general way in which people found innocent of sex offences are left ruined despite being acquitted of all charges, is disturbing. Communities will still brand innocent men rapists and paedophiles, and their lives could be in danger for it. Yes, we should give sex offences defendants anonymity given the ignorance of the public.
    There also needs to be clear and forceful communication across the community, that we should assume INNOCENCE UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. And people whose innocence is confirmed should be compensated for false and ruinous accusations.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.