The Student Room Group

IB Summer Internship Pay

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zürich
Exactly what i'm doing this summer after my internship mate !

Good lad!

Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
which position at barcap did you apply for/get?

EDIT: did a bit of digging and you applied for tech roles right? btw nomura ops is 49k-38k (depending on how long the placement is) not 28k, ****ing ridiculous

Yeah I'm gonna be working in Tech. And Nomura Ops 12 month placement is 28k, I have two mates that have signed for it and both will be getting that
Original post by DBazza
Good lad!

Yeah I'm gonna be working in Tech. And Nomura Ops 12 month placement is 28k, I have two mates that have signed for it and both will be getting that

hmmm, what uni you at? guy i know doing it is getting paid 950 a week
Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
hmmm, what uni you at? guy i know doing it is getting paid 950 a week

Loughborough, but I know of people from other unis all signed (or have been offered it) for the same salary (and they've no connection to one another, so I think the chances of all 5 of them deciding to lie about their salary and all arbitrarily arriving at 28k are pretty low :tongue: ) . Maybe your mate is bull****ting? £950 a week works out over £46k pro-rata, which is waaaaaay above what anyone else pays for Ops afaik (even Barcap pay sub 40 for Ops and I thought they were considered to be the most generous for pay, I know GS was early 30s this year)! Hmm
Original post by DBazza
Loughborough, but I know of people from other unis all signed (or have been offered it) for the same salary (and they've no connection to one another, so I think the chances of all 5 of them deciding to lie about their salary and all arbitrarily arriving at 28k are pretty low :tongue: ) . Maybe your mate is bull****ting? £950 a week works out over £46k pro-rata, which is waaaaaay above what anyone else pays for Ops afaik (even Barcap pay sub 40 for Ops and I thought they were considered to be the most generous for pay, I know GS was early 30s this year)! Hmm

maybe i dunno he could be bull ****ting but i don't see why he would (although i personally don't know this guy). I will admit though it's a hell of a lot more than what everyone is paying.... i mean goldmans global investment research paid 45k last year and it seems shocking to think that ops at nomura would pay more..... but who knows
Original post by President_Ben
You're all better off going on holiday before rather than after. After, you might actually want to get hired and deal with issues around that.

Of course man. But i'm planning on using my internship cash on 3 or 4 holidays!
Original post by Zürich
Of course man. But i'm planning on using my internship cash on 3 or 4 holidays!

Do them before the internship. Better banter once you're there.
Reply 46
Original post by President_Ben
Do them before the internship. Better banter once you're there.

Keep in mind that some uni's finish a day before the internship starts ( ie warwick will finish on the 25th for second years, and a lot of firms start their programme on the 27th)
Any idea how much Barcorp pays?
Just like the case of graduate pay, no one should care anyway.
I got $1350 (900 GBP) a week or 45K GBP no signing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by DBazza
Haha I think that might be stretching it a bit - yeah it takes balls but it also demonstrates a considerable lack of common sense.

I don't get why he'd have to take the holiday mid-summer anyway. If it was me, I'd just finish the internship at the beginning of September then head to Ibiza for end of season. A week of Ibiza closing parties is gonna smash a poxy mid-season week in the Algarve out of the park...

That's exactly what a group of us did. Booked on the sunday 2 days after we got offers and flew out on monday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending