Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd appreciate any answers, I'm a newbie to this

1) I have no idea what my predictions are, but today had a moment of belief and I believe I can get ABB or even AAB this year but I reckon my predictions are BBB - can I ask what predictions I got? If so, who would I ask - advisor or UCAS?

2) Stirling is my top choice, if I got rejected (oh lord no) could I e-mail them and try and negotiate an offer? I already have a large portfolio of work this year alone for English which I would happily send to them.

3) I am doing Highers under different circumstances (4 hours or less of actual tutoring a week), will they take this into account? I understand it means more work on my part, but I hope there is some thought to it.

ReputationRep:
    1) You should have spoken to your tutor about what your predicted grades are before sending them off. He/She should tell you what they put.

2) Its highy unlikely they will look at you again if you asked, but i suppose you wont lose anything by trying. Id recommend waiting untill UCAS Extra opens and if your course is in there maybe ask to be reconsidered.

3) If you mentioned it in your app/personal statement then yes they propably would have

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burial)
    I'd appreciate any answers, I'm a newbie to this

1) I have no idea what my predictions are, but today had a moment of belief and I believe I can get ABB or even AAB this year but I reckon my predictions are BBB - can I ask what predictions I got? If so, who would I ask - advisor or UCAS?

2) Stirling is my top choice, if I got rejected (oh lord no) could I e-mail them and try and negotiate an offer? I already have a large portfolio of work this year alone for English which I would happily send to them.

3) I am doing Highers under different circumstances (4 hours or less of actual tutoring a week), will they take this into account? I understand it means more work on my part, but I hope there is some thought to it.
    1) You really should have known what your predicted grades are before applying. If you want to know now, ask your teachers.

2) You could try, but don't put your hopes on it.

3) Depends on if it was explained in your reference - if so, it may well be taken into account.

ReputationRep:
    When it came to my application, I had paid it and it sat in the college for 1 month before anything happened. At the start of the year, my English teacher asked what I'd like from English, I said a B but since then my work has genuinely improved and I reckon an A is in reach. I have no idea what I'd be predicted for in Politics or Psychology... If I am not satisfied after I inevitably ask - can I get the predictions changed? Or is it too late?

ReputationRep:
    2+3 - Hopefully you've wrote about this in your personal statement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Delaney)
    2+3 - Hopefully you've wrote about this in your personal statement!
    Why did you withdraw from Oxford?

ReputationRep:
    Also, in terms of the hours of teaching, I didn't really want it to come across as me putting the college down (it IS a dire education establishment) so didn't think to mention it. However, people have gotten A's here before so it evidently can be done I just hope my predictions aren't crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burial)
    When it came to my application, I had paid it and it sat in the college for 1 month before anything happened. At the start of the year, my English teacher asked what I'd like from English, I said a B but since then my work has genuinely improved and I reckon an A is in reach. I have no idea what I'd be predicted for in Politics or Psychology... If I am not satisfied after I inevitably ask - can I get the predictions changed? Or is it too late?
    You could always get your referee to rewrite your reference and put in the new predicted grades and email them to the uni

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.