Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else feel anything about 5/10 mins ago? I'm in Cumbria and my whole house just shook, it's all over facebook.

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps a group of fat people were trying out 'aerobics'.

ReputationRep:
    Good ol' Twitter

https://twitter.com/#search?q=earthquake

ReputationRep:
    Didn't feel anything in Somerset. Nothing exciting ever happens here

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I live in Cumbria (north-west) and there has just been an earth tremor or something. Everyone on my Facebook is talking about it, Glasses rattling, t.v's shaking and all sorts!

Does anybody know anything about this? I didn't know we could have any sort of quakes considering we're nowhere near tectonic boundaries or anything.

It was erm...weird

ReputationRep:
    Quick! To the internets

ReputationRep:
    Everyone in China just jumped really friggin' high.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm in South West Cumbria and my Christmas tree was shaking!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the world really is going to end soon :unsure:

Snow...earthquakes...

ReputationRep:
    It's on the BBC website now. Nothing like that ever happens here.

ReputationRep:
    That's ****ing weird. I'm currently in the canary islands, and about two hours ago we had two earth tremors.

ReputationRep:
    It's just been on News24. They said it lasted five minutes! It was more like 5 seconds for us .

ReputationRep:
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquak...usc0000sdh.php

ReputationRep:
    Oooh wonder if my sister felt it in Appleby. I've felt one before, it was like the person upstairs was moving their furniture.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently there was a huge one in Japan earlier today. My friend in Kendal says his living room wall has a huge crack right down the middle... scary.

ReputationRep:
    We had one a few years back and it was mental my full house shook and it was really loud. Sounded like we had a digger about to demolish it, safe to say I bricked it.

ReputationRep:
    I remember the one in Manchester ages ago.I was 15 floors up at the time and it was the middle of the night :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    I did~! Why are the US Geological Survey confirming it? Unless US doesn't stand for United States ¬_¬

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linzikins)
    We had one a few years back and it was mental my full house shook and it was really loud. Sounded like we had a digger about to demolish it, safe to say I bricked it.
    You think you bricked it? I'm currently on the coast of a tiny island in the Atlantic where we just had two earth tremors.

I can hear the ocean from my bed and I practically **** bricks every time I hear a wave get louder and louder.

**** me.

ReputationRep:
    I felt it, I'm near Carlisle.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.