Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

KPMG tests - my experience Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

I recently applied and was subsequently rejected for KPMG audit programme.

After passing the first stage of the application, I took my verbal and numerical tests on Sunday. The verbal test was quite similar to the SHL tests (e.g. based on the information provided in the extract, decide whether the statement is true false or cannot say etc.). I managed to comfortably answer all the questions within the time limit. By contrast, the numerical test was nothing less than a disaster. I managed to attempt 5 questions of the 30 (?). By the time I got to question 5, time was up!

I received my results yesterday. I scored in the 80th percentile and 10th percentile for verbal and numerical respectively.

Just to put it into context, I usually score in the 60th percentile for SHL numerical tests.

Needless to say, I was rejected by KPMG, due to my low score on the numerical test.

A few pointers, if you are thinking of applying to KPMG, or are due to take their tests:

1. Don't bother with the Cubiks tests! They are not at all representative of the real tests.

2. Find out if Cubikks uses negative marking. I spent way too much time reading questions, which I simply could not understand. Had I spend the last minute or two guessing the answers, maybe my score would have been higher?

3. Read the question carefully and familiarise yourself with all of the data. The questions can be very busy. There is a lot of information and it can be quite wordy. If you misread the question or misinterpret the data, this can affect your score in subsequent questions (on my test there were roughly 4-5 questions based on the same scenario/data).

4. Most (if not all) questions required a methodical approach. In other words, to work out the answer, you need to take a step by step approach. As such I would say that planning how you work out each answer is key.

I hope that all makes sense. Please don't take the above for gospel - it's simply based on my experience. Good luck for your applications, people!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.