This discussion is closed.
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I was just wondering if there were any system requirements for this forum. I've finally got the internet up and running in my student house, but its a very old computer. I tried to sign on to the forum and it would let me view posts and threads etc, but not sign in myself and post. Was wondering if there was a reason for this?
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Is your browser software up-to-date?
sightoplasm
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I was just wondering if there were any system requirements for this forum. I've finally got the internet up and running in my student house, but its a very old computer. I tried to sign on to the forum and it would let me view posts and threads etc, but not sign in myself and post. Was wondering if there was a reason for this?

If your computer allows you to access the internet then you have passed the minimum system requirement. About the issue it won't let you login, I had this problem with my browser previously, try making a new account and see if that works and lets you login. If that doesn't work try update your browser.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by sightoplasm)
If your computer allows you to access the internet then you have passed the minimum system requirement. About the issue it won't let you login, I had this problem with my browser previously, try making a new account and see if that works and lets you login. If that doesn't work try update your browser.
I tried doing that, I created a new account and I was signed in then my computer crashed when I tried to post a reply, apparently I'd performed an illegal operation. Tried to update my browser as well, but my computer is ridiculously old and only has Windows 95, all the more recent ones wanted Windows 98 as a minimum requirement. I just thought it was very strange that I could view the site but not reply tp anything, stupid computer, getting a new one for graduation though, so guess I'll just have to put up with it!
hornblower
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
Did you remember to wind your computer today?

Sorry - I couldn't resist it!

J.
Bhaal85
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP, Pentium® III 700 MHz processor (1.0 GHz Recommended), 256 MB RAM, 1 GB Hard Disk Space, 3D Accelerated video card with T&L and 32 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce/ATI Radeon minimum examples, 64 MB VRAM Recommended), DirectX® version 8.1 (Included)

Multiplayer Requirements:
Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) supported Multiplayer. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem (Broadband Recommended)
Ditzy
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bhaal85)
Windows® 98/ME/2000/XP, Pentium® III 700 MHz processor (1.0 GHz Recommended), 256 MB RAM, 1 GB Hard Disk Space, 3D Accelerated video card with T&L and 32 MB VRAM (NVIDIA GeForce/ATI Radeon minimum examples, 64 MB VRAM Recommended), DirectX® version 8.1 (Included)

Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) supported Multiplayer. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem (Broadband Recommended)
Thanks, that'll be why it doesn't work then! I'll stop messing about with my settings and resign myself to the fact that I'll have to keep going into uni to post! x.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Bhaal85)

but you don't need a monitor or mouse or keyboard then.... :rolleyes: that's devestation for you....
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your university offer been reduced?

Yes (7)
31.82%
No (13)
59.09%
Don't know (2)
9.09%

Watched Threads