Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

9/11 Conspiracy theory. What do you think? Watch

• View Poll Results: What happened on 9/11?
    An inside job by the US government. The US carried out the attacks intentionally for alterior motives.
    42.02%

ReputationRep:
    Thought I would make a thread on this.

Now firstly, I don't necessarily believe it was an inside job. So I don't consider myself a 'conspiracy theorist'. The poll is just to see what others think.

I find some of the inconsistencies and contrary evidence/circumstances to the official government line very interesting. Perhaps small information has been withheld or changed to change the way we see it or react to it.

Here is loose change (a video highlighting said inconsistencies) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E3oIbO0AWE

Now it would be ignorant of me or anyone to take this as gospel. But there are some good points which don't seem to be answered.

Any theories or explanations welcome.

ReputationRep:
    I know hardly anything of worth about it, but the manner in which the towers fell down so straight always perplexed me.

ReputationRep:
    I saw a documentary on National Geographic about this and people who were called 'truthers' had their theories disproved one by one and they still somehow kept their faith that it was a conspiracy.

Not enough evidence to say it was a conspiracy so I'm going to stick with the terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    absolute bull****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    absolute bull****
    but why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    but why?
    You really think its hard to make up the 'facts' that these concpiracy theorist make up?

Even if the governent did do it, just think of how many people would be needed to be involved, you think they all would want 3,000 people dead?, think how would you be able to live with knowing that you killed 3,000 innocent people.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone loves a good conspiracy theory, however they are almost always complete bull***t. The 9/11 conpiracy theory is no different, I'm convinced it was a terrorist attack and that the US government had nothing to do with it.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should have more respect for the victims of 9//11 and let them R.I.P.

Those who died will never be forgotten.
    x

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe the conspiracy theories.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been one for conspiracy theories. For a start I don't see what the government would gain from an inside job, it makes no sense.

The video is quite scary though, it does make you wonder

ReputationRep:
    I hope Wikileaks will expose the truths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cornerstone)
    I saw a documentary on National Geographic about this and people who were called 'truthers' had their theories disproved one by one and they still somehow kept their faith that it was a conspiracy.

Not enough evidence to say it was a conspiracy so I'm going to stick with the terrorists.
    Out of context, that is such lulz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S129439)
    but why?
    It would be incredibly difficult for a govenment to organize something like that on a massive scale without it getting out. Also how would they be able to get someone to fly themselves into a building. Saying that they were missiles is ridiculous what would they do with the actual passengers. Saying that they were negligent is fair as they had a lot of warnings but saying that they organized it is a joke.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...1-myths-planes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Swimmer)
    You really think its hard to make up the 'facts' that these concpiracy theorist make up?

Even if the governent did do it, just think of how many people would be needed to be involved, you think they all would want 3,000 people dead?, think how would you be able to live with knowing that you killed 3,000 innocent people.
    Well firstly if some of these facts are 'made up' please show me which ones are wrong. Like I said it would be ignorant of me to assume they are all correct but it isn't easy to google hours of material looking for incorrect facts. Which ones are wrong?

And secondly, Hitler lived with killing 6,000,000 people. OK he killed himself, but not due to guilt, more because he didn't want to get caught. Now i'm not comparing the Bush administration to that of Hitler but people throughout history have killed many and felt little remorse.

Furthermore, not that many people would be needed. Just the top brass of the government (no more than 30 people) and a few fanatical idiots prepared to crash a plane into a building as well as some bomb experts.

Again, this isn't my view. But I think it could logistically be possible.

ReputationRep:
    Everyone knows it was USA, they just needed an excuse to take the oil/petrol from the weak arab countries.

ReputationRep:
    This conversation has been done to death is what I think. Should probably have that as the third option

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    I think we should have more respect for the victims of 9//11 and let them R.I.P.

x
    How is this discussion in any way disrespecting the victims of 9/11?

ReputationRep:
    hm, i dont honestly know because i have never looked in any great depth into each argument for and against, until then i will base my judgement on the fact that i hope a government could never kill so many of its own people and that it would possibly be difficult to get people to hijack the plane and then kill themselves(although its possible soem us person could be in contact with suicide bombers to give them some help i guess)
    as it is i dont think anyone will ever learn the truth, not unless Wikileaks has something interesting on it...
    New question, what would happen to america if it was revealed that 9/11 was from the us government?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)

x
    As a quick note yes.

I have nothing but sympathy for the victims of 9/11. Planned or terrorist attacks innocent lives were definitely lost which is awful.

R.I.P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SkyNinja)
    Everyone knows it was USA, they just needed an excuse to take the oil/petrol from the weak arab countries.
    The USA gets comparatively little oil/petroleum from Iraq. 422,000 barrels a month compared to 3,000,000 from Canada & Nigeria.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.