Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you find it a chore to go to bed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I wish I didn't need to sleep. It's so hard climbing up those stairs and trying to get to sleep. Does anyone else ever feel like this?

ReputationRep:
    lol, no. I love going to bed.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, so I just sleep on the sofa instead.

ReputationRep:
    On school nights i love to go to bed.

In the holidays i dread it because it takes me hours to fall asleep

ReputationRep:
    Could easily go to bed now but can't be bothered brushing my teeth yet :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    It's a chore getting ready for bed.
    I still need to get out of my work clothes, take off my make up, wash my face, brush my teeth, put acne cream on, go downstairs for some water, get into pjs, BLAH.
    I'm so tired, I might just go to sleep fully clothed :p:

ReputationRep:
    Going to sleep is probably my most favourite thing. How sad am I?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't enjoy it anymore but that's cos I have problems with my cervical spine which have given me chronic insomnia.

Even if I feel tired I'd rather stay awake as I find that I dont want to sleep. I'd rather be awake doing something not wasting my life sleeping..

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I find it hard to switch my mind off.

(Original post by The Procrastinator)
    Going to sleep is probably my most favourite thing. How sad am I?
    I love your signature and avatar .

ReputationRep:
    A chore?really? beds are the best inventions man has ever made.
    I love sleeping =)

ReputationRep:
    Normally I would enjoy the freedom of the holidays in that a) I can go to bed whenever I want b)I can lie there as long as I like and just think c) I have no alarm and can lie there all morning.

However, atm even though my banging head is telling me to go to bed, my blocked nose is telling me I won't be able to breath when there. Ahh life.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else mentioned, during term time I love going to bed and sleeping for as long as possible (but never actually make an effort to have an early night) but during the holidays my sleeping pattern gets messed up and sometimes I end up lying in bed for hours tossing and turning. E.g. tomorrow is the first day of the holidays so I will probably get up at about 12 and spend the day being lazy, so when I try go to bed tomorrow night I won't be able to sleep because I haven't really done anything to tire my body out. :fluffy:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if I wanted to sleep more than anything else, why would I want to be alive? If I could have it my way we wouldnt need to sleep at all.

ReputationRep:
    Only when I know I have to get some sleep because that leads to worrying that you won't get enough sleep and the worrying is the thing that keeps you awake. It's as confusing as it reads. It was much worse when I was younger though.

It's alright in the holidays because you can stay up all night if you want but you eventually fall asleep anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Normally I would enjoy the freedom of the holidays in that a) I can go to bed whenever I want b)I can lie there as long as I like and just think c) I have no alarm and can lie there all morning.

However, atm even though my banging head is telling me to go to bed, my blocked nose is telling me I won't be able to breath when there. Ahh life.
    I know the feeling. Have you tried nose spray?

ReputationRep:
    It's annoying when I'm not tired and it's like 3am....
    but when I'm having a bad day or am generally tired then I love it
    Wish sleep was optional!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-besito)
    As someone else mentioned, during term time I love going to bed and sleeping for as long as possible (but never actually make an effort to have an early night) but during the holidays my sleeping pattern gets messed up and sometimes I end up lying in bed for hours tossing and turning. E.g. tomorrow is the first day of the holidays so I will probably get up at about 12 and spend the day being lazy, so when I try go to bed tomorrow night I won't be able to sleep because I haven't really done anything to tire my body out. :fluffy:
    I've been doing that for the past 5 days.

ReputationRep:
    I like going to bed, but need to make myself really tired and ready for it to enjoy it more. It's just that I get so comfortable sitting at the computer, I cba to move. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I guess.
    But its my favorite chore though, especially washing my face, brushing my teeth, combing my hair, putting on my pjs/nightgown, putting lotion on, moisturizer on my face and finally off to bed. It's like a spa to me but in my own bedroom.
    Sometimes, i just find it hard to sleep. Even if im tired, i feel like if i sleep im wasting my time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.