Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Questions about braces + pics of my teeth Watch

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    £0
    2 years and counting and awaiting surgery.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I paid $5000. Its been 3 years, it supposed to be only 1-2yrs but i wasnt home the whole year last year so i have to catch up and got new braces because i changed my previous orthodontist. I got ceramic braces before, now its the metal ones.
    I heard my orthodontist said itll be done next year. (Cross fingers, i dont wanna go to uni there w/ braces on because it will be a hassle to me going back here and there)

ReputationRep:
    You're teeth actually look ok to me. :|
    I will be having clear retainer that'll move my teeth.
    They say it'll take 6 or 7 months.
    It will cost A LOT.

ReputationRep:
    I think your teeth are alright, mine are not as great but the dentist said they didn't need braces..

ReputationRep:
    Your teeth are fine...?

ReputationRep:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kristinaalovesu)
    I paid $5000. Its been 3 years, it supposed to be only 1-2yrs but i wasnt home the whole year last year so i have to catch up and get a new braces because i changed my previous orthodontist. I got ceramic braces before, now its the metal ones.
    I heard my orthodontist said itll be done next year. (Cross fingers, i dont wanna go to uni there w/ braces on because it will be a hassle to me going back here and there)
    Good luck getting them done soon

oh and roshidiya can you tell me how much they cost?

Your teeth look fine. Stop being a bell.

ReputationRep:
      i paid £0 but i was in secondary school at the time. had them about a year (cant remember exactly how long but pretty sure wasnt over a year. i had different ones to my sister. she had the "train track" braces, whereas i had ones that you take out when eating, brushing teeth, etc, and each week/every 2 weeks i had to tighten them up with a little key thing. the good thing about mine was i didnt have to have teeth removed (as i told him straight away "if you try to take my teeth out you can forget about giving me a brace as its not happening"), my sister was not amused as a year or so earlier she had to have 4 teeth out for her brace.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
      You have to be under 18 and in full time education to get free orthodontic treatment unless your teeth are severely crooked and causing problems.
      You're teeth look fine therefore any treatment would be just for minor cosmetic purposes and wouldn't be eligible for free treatment. I read recently that average orthodontic treatment for an adult costs around £2k.

ReputationRep:
      your teeth are fine fella

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by WhitemrT)
      Good luck getting them done soon

oh and roshidiya can you tell me how much they cost?
      Thanks!!!
      When are you getting your braces?

ReputationRep:
      Your teeth dont actually look that bad to me?

You wont get them for free if you're over 18 unless you have a really serious problem.

I have ceramic ones and I paid £2200 for mine (top and bottom). This includes all appointments and permanent retainers at the end of treatment. I got a 5% discount for paying in full, but I know my dentist does a monthly payment programme. My dentist also does the normal silver ones and they cost £2000 I think.

I had mine on in June and they should be coming off around April, so I have about 4/5 months to go.

I saw a lot of orthodontists for consultations before deciding to go with mine, some were really crap, especially the Invisalign ones and some of the big names which come up on Google. So definately shop round before you decide.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Cicerao)
      £0
      2 years and counting and awaiting surgery.
      I'll assume I got negged for this because I didn't pay for them.

Boohoo, I got braces for free because my teeth and jaws are bad enough to warrant major surgery. Suck it up, negger. (See whut I did thar?)

ReputationRep:
      Erm i'm not sure how much they cost lol. I have to pay about £250 each time i pick up my new retainers, (each is different so they gradually move my teeth). I apparently have to pick a new one up every 2 or so months. It will come to quite a lot.

But thanks to the ****ing snow i have to wait longer to get them!! MEHHHHHHR.

ReputationRep:
      Hey, can anyone thats used a orthodontist to get braces tell me how much they paid and for how long they had their braces in? Im 19 in full time education does anyone know if I can get them free?

O and hi everyone i just joined :cool:

you wouldnt be able to get them for free unfortunately, how much you have to pay depends on how much work the braces need to do, that can't be judged from that picture alone. you would be looking at 1.5-2k minimum i reckon.

ReputationRep:
      Hey, can anyone thats used a orthodontist to get braces tell me how much they paid and for how long they had their braces in? Im 19 in full time education does anyone know if I can get them free?

O and hi everyone i just joined :cool:
      what it looks lyk to me :lolwut:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.