Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Idiots and the end of the world 2012 Watch

Surely, you must be mentally disturbed if you believe that the world will end in 2012 and you deserve to lose thousands of £££ for this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...-visitors.html

ReputationRep:
    If that's what they think then I guess you can't criticise them for having an opinion. I mean, if they're right, more fool us!

Although, like when people thought the world would end in 2000, why would a random year be chosen for the world to suddenly get annihilated?

ReputationRep:
    What nonsense is this? :hmmm:

No one knows when the world is going to end, except

Spoiler:
    Show
    :adore:God

One good thing that happened in 2000 (just before) is that some of these idiots committed suicide as group in order to avoid the end of the world. I am not sure if they got a Darwin though.

ReputationRep:
    I am going to bet all my money on it not ending.

If it does, oh well.

If it doesn't, might make a few quid.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, be happy.

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's some crazy **** :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    If Sarah Palin does become President, the Mayans could be right and the world could end sooner than we think....

On a positive note, you can tell SLC to screw themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it wont happen.

(Original post by lovely_me)
    If Sarah Palin does become President, the Mayans could be right and the world could end sooner than we think....
    That's the worst case scenario, where do they find such people, I thought Bush had the lowest IQ of all politicians but I was wrong. This one has the IQ of a spinach and loves guns much more than Bush. Scary stuff, lets hope she doesn't get trigger happy with the nukes-most likely by accident.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, bro, 2012 hasn't come yet... So how would we know?
    In fairness, though; they correctly predicted down to the date that the first "God's who are white and have Beards" would come to their lands. This, of course, referring to Explorers like Cortez and the Conquistadors.
    They predicted that right... Why not the end of the World?

We'll never know till it gets there, but don't go clutching straws at something which hasn't happened yet.

ReputationRep:
    i saw this documentary called 2012 it had john cusack in it i think the documentary was from the future because it was set in 2012 and lots of things happened in the world like volcanoes blowing up and the earth's crust cracking it was pretty bad i hope it doesn't come true and it was an alternate timeline or something lols

ReputationRep:
    I wanna see their faces when we reach 2012 :rofl:

(Original post by ussumane)
    I wanna see their faces when we reach 2012 :rofl:
    Nothing will change, someone else will come along and claim that it was a slight miscalculation and move it to another date like 2015 or something in order to make more money out of gullible people. I am not that old but by know I should have died at least four times due to the end of the world.

(Original post by DH-Biker)
    To be honest, bro, 2012 hasn't come yet... So how would we know?
    In fairness, though; they correctly predicted down to the date that the first "God's who are white and have Beards" would come to their lands. This, of course, referring to Explorers like Cortez and the Conquistadors.
    They predicted that right... Why not the end of the World?

We'll never know till it gets there, but don't go clutching straws at something which hasn't happened yet.
    Shame they could not predict that they would be slaughtered by such gods. A calendar is a calendar, because they did not have enough time to renew it, that doesn't mean they predicted the end of the world.

ReputationRep:
    a) The thing that person said at the end was awesome "if the world does end in 2 years, I'd spend my time having a whale of a time" xD
    b) We'll look like real ****s if they are right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cybergrad)
    Shame they could not predict that they would be slaughtered by such gods. A calendar is a calendar, because they did not have enough time to renew it, that doesn't mean they predicted the end of the world.
    They predicted a time of great suffering and pain, of betrayal and slaughter... Good enough? Their calender also stops on December 9th or 21st (I think its one of those) of 2012... They knew something was up...
    There's also a Chinese Fortune Telling Hexagraph that a philosopher and historian placed against the timeline of Humanity. It too had more concentration on areas like The Roman Empire, the American Civil War, the First and Second World Wars...
    Likewise, it also stopped on one of the two dates above 2012...

There's a lot of hoo-ha about it all, and we wont know until it actually happens.
    I, for one, would rather it didn't.

Edit: It may also interest you to know the Mayan Calender is a lot more in depth, detailed and is far more numerous in numerical sequences then ours is. Whether it has any direct input on the prophecy of Doomsday, I couldn't say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonely14)
    What nonsense is this? :hmmm:

No one knows when the world is going to end, except

Spoiler:
    Show
    :adore:God
    And the flying Spaghetti Monster
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    If I wake up on 22 December 2012 and I am still alive, John Cusack will have a lot of explaining to do!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.