Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Men should treat other women like how they would want other men to treat their mothers, sisters and daughters." - Taken from this article http://daughterofadamandeve.blogspot.com/

ReputationRep:
    It's always hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you're perhaps doing something you shouldn't. We're human.
    Men and Women should learn to appreciate and love the differences that were made between us, not hate them
    Yes I've read Men are from mars and Women are from venus haha !

ReputationRep:
    Men should treat woman with respect, but if the ***** gets out of place, do what I do.

Cry.

ReputationRep:
    People should treat each other how they'd want to be treated.

Why construct a new gendered morality?

ReputationRep:
    It's a fair point, because if a guy messed around with my daughter and acted all player like when he was with her, i'd do some ****ed up stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Treat them how you would treat a man.

Exactly how..

ReputationRep:
    Thread is disturbing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emileelouise)
    It's always hard to put yourself in someone else's shoes when you're perhaps doing something you shouldn't. We're human.
    Men and Women should learn to appreciate and love the differences that were made between us, not hate them
    Yes I've read Men are from mars and Women are from venus haha !
    Is that all from the book, or was it your personal perspective?

ReputationRep:
    Keep yo' pimp hand strong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell100)
    "Men should treat other women like how they would want other men to treat their mothers, sisters and daughters." - Taken from this article http://daughterofadamandeve.blogspot.com/
    So you would try and **** your mum or sister?

So you wouldnt even consider how attractive you are to the women you want? and not even consider making yourself attractive for them?

ReputationRep:
    never heard so much white knight *******ry in my life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by screenager2004)

Completely agree.

Also I love that you have a mameshiba as your avatar :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    Is that all from the book, or was it your personal perspective?

Mix of both, I learnt a lot from the book !
    Whoever mentioned that gender shouldn't come into terms of respect has probably got it spot on!

ReputationRep:

What if you're a sadomasochist?

ReputationRep:
    I really don't get this, it only works if everyone in the world is the same. If someone is a complete *****, then they shouldn't be treated nicely regardless of the fact that I would like to be treated nicely.

People should (and do) treat others how they think they deserve to be treated.

Which in my opinion is bang on the money. Problems only arise when people think wrongly, such as nice people being treated poorly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ricky116)
    I really don't get this, it only works if everyone in the world is the same. If someone is a complete *****, then they shouldn't be treated nicely regardless of the fact that I would like to be treated nicely.
    Nope, still applies:
    "Treat others how you wish to be treated"
    - therefore if you treat people like a complete *****, you'll get that treatment back.

People should (and do) treat others how they think they deserve to be treated.
    That pretty much boils down to "Treat others how you want" - people hold all sorts of stupid prejudices. How you *think* someone deserves to be treated can be hideously unfair and wrong.

Some people think that homosexuals are inhuman, filthy perverts and deserve to be punished like criminals. Therefore by your logic, they should treat homosexuals how they think they deserve to be treated?

ReputationRep:
    Nope, still applies:
    "Treat others how you wish to be treated"
    - therefore if you treat people like a complete *****, you'll get that treatment back.
    Fair enough. As I was writing my post I did think to myself "hold on, I've always taken this to be correct, what's going on?". I think I had a bit of momentary missunderstanding of the statement lol.

That pretty much boils down to "Treat others how you want" - people hold all sorts of stupid prejudices. How you *think* someone deserves to be treated can be hideously unfair and wrong.

Some people think that homosexuals are inhuman, filthy perverts and deserve to be punished like criminals. Therefore by your logic, they should treat homosexuals how they think they deserve to be treated?
    I mean more like "treat others how they deserve". Which as I did say breaks down when people's morally 'wrong' way of thinking is involved. This is kind of what the judical system operates by (where an objective 'wrong' is defined), as opposed to your statement. I guess the above "treat others how you wish to be treated" also breaks down when people want to be treated poorly through guilt/masochism or the like.

I may be talking rubbish at 2.36am, and probably best ignored :P

EDIT: I really want to rephrase my post. I am just saying that instead of "treat others as you would wish to be treated" it should be "treat others as they deserve to be treated", because the former involves subjectivity and the latter involves objectivity. The problem arises when subjectivity creeps into the latter. Gah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluebell100)
    "Men should treat other women like how they would want other men to treat their mothers, sisters and daughters."
    i think people in general should treat others with dignity and respect, because of the simple fact that they're human, not because they're a man or a women.

it's that we're human that matters, and nothing else. i may be a speciest here, but i don't mind. you treat every human the same, regardless of gender or any other factor (which, okay, if they're a rapist or murderer then i would completely support you if you tortured them, but other than that we should all be treated the same).

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.