The Student Room Group

My Facebook guy

I am originally from London and studying at a London university. When I was at school there was a funny, clever, shy, awkward and average looking guy (give him a 6/10) who really fancied me. At the time I was madly obsessed with another guy (he was a 9/10 and I was shallow and felt that as I would give myself an 9/10, I should have been with someone better looking - terrible, I know!).

I recently started to really regret not getting together with the funny guy and now realise that he is perfect for me. I found him on Facebook and asked him to be my friend. He accepted immediately (I presume he wanted to stalk my profile) but when I tried to chat to him, comment on his status etc, I've had no response from him. I know he is studying in London too and was hoping that he might ask me out on a date. I sent him a Facebook message as a last straw to ask him generally how he was etc but I got no response. I know for a fact that he is single and he is still straight (!). We have no mutual friends.

Have I really blown it? What can I do to get him back? I know what I did was shallow and wrong but I have grown as a person and recognise the error of my ways. Is it too late?

Scroll to see replies

No. He did not add you to stalk your profile. He added you because when people get a facebook request they accept if they know the person, even if they have no relevance in their life anymore.

But yes. It sounds like you might have blown it.
Reply 2
Nice guys strike back 2.0 :pierre:

It's the way the world works son, take it as a valuable lesson.
Reply 3
You presume he wanted to stalk your profile?
Get a life
He may well be playing a very clever mind game. As a clever guy, he's realised that you kind of like him, and to increase your desire, he's playing hard to get. It's a bloody risky route to take, but it looks like it's paid off. All you need to do is completely ignore him for a while, therefore turning the tables.
Reply 5
Who's to say he was ever interested in you in the first place?
Reply 6
Maybe he doesn't really use his facebook much. :dontknow:

And wouldn't that be a bit weird - you expecting him to ask you on a date just because he accepted your friend request? :curious:
I give you 1 out of 10.
Reply 8
I know he liked me because his best friend told me so (years ago). I was hoping that he would get chatting on FB which would eventually result in a date (I was happy to do the asking if he replied to my message!).
Cant wait till your 35 and single, crying everynight cos each day is a day closer to menopause
Reply 10
You thought you were too good for him. That says a lot about your personality to be honest. Not too sure he'd be happy being called a 6 out of 10 or any number for that matter. Stop ranking people and judge the whole package which can't be quantified.
Reply 11
Original post by greeneyedgirl
He added you because when people get a facebook request they accept if they know the person, even if they have no relevance in their life anymore.

I never understand why people do that.
Reply 12
you're approaching him years later...i presume after not getting anywhere near mr. 9/10...
blown it.
Original post by Overmars
I never understand why people do that.

Because you feel mean rejecting them.
A friend from primary school who I haven't spoken to since then added me a few days ago. I added them because they were important at one point in my life and wouldn't want to reject them!
Reply 14
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Because you feel mean rejecting them.
A friend from primary school who I haven't spoken to since then added me a few days ago. I added them because they were important at one point in my life and wouldn't want to reject them!

Well, ok, I guess I'm more annoyed at the people that friend you when you're not friends. But still...I couldn't care less if I hurt the feelings of some kid that happened to sit in the same class as me 5 years ago. If you're not going to say 2 words to them, who gives a ****? If their feelings are hurt, consider it an emotional tax on stupidity.
Reply 15
Original post by Ericaca
I am originally from London and studying at a London university. When I was at school there was a funny, clever, shy, awkward and average looking guy (give him a 6/10) who really fancied me. At the time I was madly obsessed with another guy (he was a 9/10 and I was shallow and felt that as I would give myself an 9/10, I should have been with someone better looking - terrible, I know!).

I recently started to really regret not getting together with the funny guy and now realise that he is perfect for me. I found him on Facebook and asked him to be my friend. He accepted immediately (I presume he wanted to stalk my profile) but when I tried to chat to him, comment on his status etc, I've had no response from him. I know he is studying in London too and was hoping that he might ask me out on a date. I sent him a Facebook message as a last straw to ask him generally how he was etc but I got no response. I know for a fact that he is single and he is still straight (!). We have no mutual friends.

Have I really blown it? What can I do to get him back? I know what I did was shallow and wrong but I have grown as a person and recognise the error of my ways. Is it too late?

Ask him directly if he'd be interested in meeting for a drink. He probably doesn't have a clue how you feel about him. Take it from me, it's far better to be rejected than never to have asked.
Reply 16
he is mind****ing you :smile:
Original post by Ericaca

He could just have not replied yet. I often get messages and don't reply for a few days mainly because I'm lazy. If he doesn't reply by Friday, shoot him a message saying that you're around and was wondering if he felt like going for a drink!
Original post by Ericaca

Maybe he's not responding because he now considers himself a 9/10 and you a 6/10? Or maybe he just realised you were shallow.
He dawn laike yew no mo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending