The Student Room Group

Fancy My Psychologist!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IndigoRockGirl
I used to be like you, until I realised it's really annoying! :P
Well, I seem to have psychological issues as well, and am feeling especially depressive at the moment, so I'm not best placed to save feelings and pretend to be generally philanthropic. It's rather depressing that a third-year English literature student, of all folk, could have such a shoddy grasp of her own language though. That said, she's probably spent her time in better ways. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Molly, when/if you read this, please don't take it to heart. After all, we all make mistakes; that's how we learn. (And, looking back, "chance" was evidently an innocent typo for "change".) :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by TravelGuru
Sorry to hear that. *Hug*

Original post by jismith1989
Well, I seem to have psychological issues as well, and am feeling especially depressive at the moment, so I'm not best placed to save feelings and pretend to be generally philanthropic. It's rather depressing that a third-year English literature student, of all folk, could have such a shoddy grasp of her own language tough. That said, she's probably spent her time in better ways. :rolleyes:

Oh : / I didn't know she was a 3rd year english lit student, that is surprising :eek: and sorry about your issues :frown: x
Original post by jismith1989
The emboldened words should each be two words, with a break after the penultimate syllable of each; detrimental is spelt so; psychologist shouldn't be capitalised; and I have no idea how you've used "chance" as a transitive verb at the start of the second paragraph. What've you been reading? Lots of postmodern tosh?

Sorry for being an insufferable arse: aside from being really ticked off and generally grumpy today, you should learn these things, if you're going to be teaching English!

Thanks for taking time to proof read my post. As you have probably noticed I enjoy helping people and making the most of my time on TSR - Grammar is not my priority. Although i can assure you in a classroom it would be. Enough said on the matter really.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending