Black or dark brown.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Wilzyy)
      how dark we talking here?
      picture?
      http://topnews.in/files/kelly-rowland.jpg

ReputationRep:
      Depends on how dark we're talking.
      Dark eyes and dark skin, then generally very dark hair. Lighter skin and eyes, then maybe a lighter colour. However you could be like me and have light skin, with dark eyes, meaning dark brown is your only friend. :emo:

ReputationRep:
      I'm sure I heard somewhere that a good rule is ''don't make your hair any lighter than the colour of your skin.''

Kelly Rowland looked lovely with her hair brown rather than jet black though :yep: Like this:

ReputationRep:
      it really depends on how dark dark is.
      i think natural black with some blonde bits looks alright on darker skinned women.....like when keri hilson had her hair shorter .she's beautiful. (:

ReputationRep:
      definetly blonde

ReputationRep:
      Most things will actually, even peroxide blonde but that really depends on how you work it!

But I think warm shades of brown will def look nice, and you could go as light as a gold light brown.

Personally I like really rich, glossy browns on Kelly Rowland

And black too, but I'd be wary of getting jet black because blue-black always comes out as a really cold colour and you need warm tones to complement your skin tone. I'm not saying no blck, but the darkest of dark browns rather than true black

Bright colours like in streaks or layers or whatever takes your fancy would also suit you well as you can pull it off without looking too attention seeking or emo.

ReputationRep:
      I think light brown color is suits for dark skinned people.

ReputationRep:
      yeah its depend on darkness.....

ReputationRep:
      chocolate brown? that always comes out nicely

a bit like tyra banks
      http://antm.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/ty3.jpg

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
      I'm sure I heard somewhere that a good rule is ''don't make your hair any lighter than the colour of your skin.''

Kelly Rowland looked lovely with her hair brown rather than jet black though :yep: Like this:

but what about beyonce? she looks much better blonder, and her hair is noway as pale as in the whitened loreal ads.

@ op im lighter than you but my skin is kinda coppery bronze, like an old 2p coin. but when i tan im only a couple shades lighter than your pic.

i have had red hair like red hot rhythm or soft amber (see chart)went well but looked unnatural cos nobody has hat colour naturally

i've also had lt. golden blond and golden bronze (see chart) streaks all over in very fine highlights which looked surprisingly good with dark skin (keep the highlights fine not chunky and it will look great) it looked the best but i stopped doing it cos highlights are £££

i currently have hair sunkissed brown/brown sugar (see chart) a medium brown which i like the most.

recon you'd pull any of these off. caramel blond thin highlights are best i recon, plus if you only do the top layer, its cheaper and wont damage hair you might be growing

ReputationRep:
      Blonde highlights or dark red

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.