Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Before I start, I’m not talking about film studies, media studies or any other theory related degree. I am talking about television PRODUCTION!!!!
    I would like people that have or are studying a vocational media course to comment. No no-it all’s please.

I'm sick, beyond sick, I mean actually vomiting in my lap sick of people like me coming on this forum and asking if a media course is worth doing. What I’m even more sick of is the way people reply to these threads. They appear to have no firsthand experience and shoot the name of the media degree down in flames with no backup up or evidence for their reaction other then what they have read in the Daily Mail(sorry for the rant).
    Now, I’m 25, just given up my job and am currently studying a BTEC in media PRODUCTION with the intention of studying Television Production at Uni. I had a fairly well paid job; earning over £24,000 a year.
    What I want to know is not if you think a Television PRODUCTION degree is a "doss" but if you have any genuine firsthand experience. Is there any one on this forum that instead of saying “do English lit, it’s more valuable to your career progression” or "people that do media are just in it for an easy ride" can give me some real god damn advice!!!!!!
    Is a Television PRODUCTION degree that disrespected?
    I have a desired career progression, I’m sure of where I want to be in five years..... I want to be in television. I know I will start from the very very bottom, I have already carried out numerous runner roles.
    I’m not a pipe dreamer, I’ll get there.
    DO I NEED A BLOODY DEGREE OR WILL I BE LAUGHED AT FOR THE REST OF MY CAREER FOR WASTING FIVE YEARS OF MY LIFE AND LOTS OF MONEY?

One angry frustrated man x x x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.