Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Now im just getting pissed off Watch

I've been trying for the longest time to make my friendship with my guy friend normal again, back to how it use to be before he told me he loved me, before he tried asking me out and me rejecting him. He still talks to me, but not like how we use to, we've been friends for like 8 years or something like that, and he's one of my good friends so losing him completely isnt an option. Last night I got pissed at him, because we didnt talk in a while, and it seemed like he didnt want to talk, doesnt seem like he ever wants to talk actually, and the only time he would reply asap to me is when I called him not so nice names, immature but that's the only way to get him to talk, oh ya and nudging him like crazy on msn, sigh. Im sick of begging I dont know what to do anymore, im sick of crying over this guy...I feel pathedic.

I told him that he use to be cool, not so much anymore..he replied saying...thats because you dont take me seriously ( he's talking about him asking me out I guess and me brushing him off, I dont even know because he doesnt like to talk about it, yet he's always bringing it up) he wont explain what he means. I think he feels like there's no point in talking to me, even though we've been friends for soooo long. I asked him if he still loved me like that, he's like why do you care? Is he being bitter or what?

ReputationRep:
    I think that you're right, he is being bitter, but, getting rejected is really difficult, especially when it involves a friendship. Maybe try talk to him, but don't get so frustrated that he's not interested that you start calling him names, if he doesn't reply, then surely it's his loss? If he doesn't, then just don't talk to him.. at all. When he's got over you, he'll start talking to you again, because loosing a friendship isn't worth it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've been trying for the longest time to make my friendship with my guy friend normal again, back to how it use to be before he told me he loved me, before he tried asking me out and me rejecting him. He still talks to me, but not like how we use to, we've been friends for like 8 years or something like that, and he's one of my good friends so losing him completely isnt an option. Last night I got pissed at him, because we didnt talk in a while, and it seemed like he didnt want to talk, doesnt seem like he ever wants to talk actually, and the only time he would reply asap to me is when I called him not so nice names, immature but that's the only way to get him to talk, oh ya and nudging him like crazy on msn, sigh. Im sick of begging I dont know what to do anymore, im sick of crying over this guy...I feel pathedic.

I told him that he use to be cool, not so much anymore..he replied saying...thats because you dont take me seriously ( he's talking about him asking me out I guess and me brushing him off, I dont even know because he doesnt like to talk about it, yet he's always bringing it up) he wont explain what he means. I think he feels like there's no point in talking to me, even though we've been friends for soooo long. I asked him if he still loved me like that, he's like why do you care? Is he being bitter or what?
    How very understanding of you :curious: Stop being so heartless and let the guy get over you!

ReputationRep:
    He probably just needs some space to get over you.
    I think you should just say to him "Look, you're obviously still upset over what happened and I guess having some space from me might help you get over it. I really don't want to lose you as a friend but I realise me being in our face all the time isn't what you need. Give me a call when you're ready to talk to me again".

Sorry to preach, but rejection is a horrible thing to have to go through and being in contact afterwards is possibly the most embarrassing thing ever, so you calling him names really isn't going to help anything. Once he's had some time to get over it, he should start talking to you again. If he doesn't, then there's nothing you can do; you can't force someone to talk to you if they don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    if it where me, i wouldn't want to talk to you for a while. sort my head out and go from there. if you say nasty things it might make the situation worse. at the end of the day he took a risk that didn't pay off and he's probably feeling very embarrised while talking to you.

just let him know you still value your friendship alot, and your there when ever he wants to talk.
    If he decideds he doesn't want to talk to you, well really theres nothing you can do.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.