From the US to the UK (Hopefully) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I'm a fourth year undergraduate student from the US and am looking at postgrad programs in the UK (mainly UCL's International Planning MSc). So if you have any questions about studying in the US, feel free to send me a message.

Anyways, I have a ton of interests including the arts, traveling, and anything health related. I found out about this site on a similar site for American students and have been lurking for a couple of weeks now. So, I finally signed up :hello:.

ReputationRep:
    Hello I'm also a 4th year US undergrad! I've applied to 5 postgraduate programs in the UK for International Journalism.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    :hello: Welcome to TSR!

:merryxmas:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Merry xmas!!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya, I'm from the UK currently living and studying in London. I have cousins in America and I was wondering what books and poems you study in Literature. Also I don't understand the school system for example in england you start high school at the age of 11 but its different in America.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome new TSR'ians!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone!

Ash_hunney, the US school system is usually split into three main levels: elementary school (kindergarten-fifth grades), middle school (grades sixth-eighth), and high school (ninth-twelfth grades). Most people start kindergarten at age 5, middle school at 11, and high school at 14. If a student goes off to university/college for a bachelors degree, most of our programs are four years instead of three. We do have nursery school/pre-kindergarten programs that are optional for younger kids, but our schooling doesn't formally start until kindergarten.

As far as literature, here are some reading lists that a lot of high schools follow: http://www.phschool.com/curriculum_s...gh_school.html and http://www.k12.hi.us/~konawahs/ap_su...ading_list.htm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.