Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello everybody,

    I am currently not a student because I failed my second year at the University of East Anglia, but I hold a Certificate of Higher Education ( awarder after first year)..Im from EU but not UK.

    I am currently applying through UCAS because I really want to continue my eduacation and finish my degree in economics.

    My dillemma is:

    Should I start from scratch and not say that I've attempted a degree already and lose my first year credits (ofcourse I have no clue if UCAS still holds my records and if this can be dangerous) I would only attemt that because 'failing' obviously looks bad and I have bigger chances to get accepted if I use my high school diploma.


    Apply for a place in 2nd year, sending my UEA transcript and ofcourse using recommendations from my uni instead of secondary school and going way down the Uni league tables list.

    I would appreciate any advice.

    Thank you
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course


Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.