Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I have applied back in November - had 2 interviews and heard back from only liverpool ( They decided to offer me a place on an 'alternative' course -conditional offer of 260 points)- I very mouch doubt i'll accept this as Pharmacy is what i want to study.

Not trying to create a depressing thread here but would be interested in hearing from others who are either holding no offrers or have received rejections...are you guys simply then waiting for clearing in the hope that places are available or are you considering alternative courses.

My A2 predictions are BBB...At AS I got BBBD (Chem, Maths,Psyc,Bio)
    I have applied to hertfordshire, Reading,Keele,Liverpool and DMU
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have you been rejected by all your other choices that haven't given you and interview? If not there's still plenty of time for them to give you an offer. Just because you haven't heard from them doesn't mean they've rejected you. You're A2 predictions are fine for the uni's you've applied too, also considering you've taken all science based subjects which is highly favourable, so unless your personal statement was lacking, you should at least get a few more interviews.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harol)
    Hi,
    I have applied back in November - had 2 interviews and heard back from only liverpool ( They decided to offer me a place on an 'alternative' course -conditional offer of 260 points)- I very mouch doubt i'll accept this as Pharmacy is what i want to study.

Not trying to create a depressing thread here but would be interested in hearing from others who are either holding no offrers or have received rejections...are you guys simply then waiting for clearing in the hope that places are available or are you considering alternative courses.

My A2 predictions are BBB...At AS I got BBBD (Chem, Maths,Psyc,Bio)
    I have applied to hertfordshire, Reading,Keele,Liverpool and DMU
    Thanks
    Don't worry. BBB are still decent predictions and you should atleast get interviews from all of the unis. Looking at your AS results, you got a B in Chemistry which is very important. As long as you stay on track with your predictions or even do better, you should have a place next year. Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the responses- I am still awaiting to hear from the other 3 unis so hopefully- there will be an offer of some sorts from somewhere...

I just wasn't sure if my predicted grades of BBB were putting some of these unis off.My PS is not too bad -
    Hopefully, I'll have some better news in january!!
    It would have been nice to have received an offer before xmas but nevermind and will keep my hopes up- perhaps I should have applied to University of Wolverhampton as they have offered a place to anybody that bothered to turn up for the open day!!!

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, BBB is not bad. I know a couple of people who have applied to study Pharmacy this year with predicted grades BBC and they managed to get interviews from Reading and Herts. Also, Reading have lowered their entry requirements this year, from ABB to BBB possibly due to the lack of number applicants. Anyway stay optimistic. UCAS are closed till the 4th of January 2011. So I don't think you'll be getting any offers/interviews in the next week or so. So in the meantime enjoy the Christmas holidays, revise for your exams and get those grades.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkb230)
    Like I said, BBB is not bad. I know a couple of people who have applied to study Pharmacy this year with predicted grades BBC and they managed to get interviews from Reading and Herts. Also, Reading have lowered their entry requirements this year, from ABB to BBB possibly due to the lack of number applicants. Anyway stay optimistic. UCAS are closed till the 4th of January 2011. So I don't think you'll be getting any offers/interviews in the next week or so. So in the meantime enjoy the Christmas holidays, revise for your exams and get those grades.
    soorrry to badge in i totally agree with you i have had two rejections already one uni offering me an entirely different course and one offer (fro reading phew) so dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmgirl2009)
    soorrry to badge in i totally agree with you i have had two rejections already one uni offering me an entirely different course and one offer (fro reading phew) so dont worry
    I wanted to ask you a couple of things. First of all well done on your offer from Reading. Secondly, what is reading uni like especially for Pharmacy, assuming that you have been there. I have got offers from Portsmouth and Medway and still waiting from DMU and KCL. I now have that awkward feeling that I have messed up my uni choices completely by picking the wrong unis. I really don't want to go to Portsmouth or DMU and I might be rejected by Kings as they have raised their entry requirements to AAB. I am now feeling that I should have picked Brighton and Reading instead of DMU and Portsmouth. If I don't get an offer from Kings then I might decline my other offers and go through extra to apply to Brighton and Reading.Obviosuly it will be a big risk because if they don't have any more places left then I might not have a place at all for next year but then again I don't want to go to a uni for 4 years and regret it for the rest of my life.I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to ask you a couple of things. First of all well done on your offer from Reading. Secondly, what is reading uni like especially for Pharmacy, assuming that you have been there. I have got offers from Portsmouth and Medway and still waiting from DMU and KCL. I now have that awkward feeling that I have messed up my uni choices completely by picking the wrong unis. I really don't want to go to Portsmouth or DMU and I might be rejected by Kings as they have raised their entry requirements to AAB. I am now feeling that I should have picked Brighton and Reading instead of DMU and Portsmouth. If I don't get an offer from Kings then I might decline my other offers and go through extra to apply to Brighton and Reading.Obviosuly it will be a big risk because if they don't have any more places left then I might not have a place at all for next year but then again I don't want to go to a uni for 4 years and regret it for the rest of my life.I would love to hear your opinions on this.

Thanks
    Readings a nice place tbh they lecturers were really friendly and it looked as tho they were going to be lecturers who would teach enthusiastically i liked the uni . although its relatively new in pharmacy i think its a good uni generally (reputable leading research and all that) it had always been my first choice tbh. you dont have to feel so bad you have got Medway which is a good place to go to so just work towards that. i think you can go through extra in february if you hold only one offer not so sure tho but you should ask your tutor at school to confirm if thats true. Just hope that you get an offer from Kings dw k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pharmgirl2009)
    Readings a nice place tbh they lecturers were really friendly and it looked as tho they were going to be lecturers who would teach enthusiastically i liked the uni . although its relatively new in pharmacy i think its a good uni generally (reputable leading research and all that) it had always been my first choice tbh. you dont have to feel so bad you have got Medway which is a good place to go to so just work towards that. i think you can go through extra in february if you hold only one offer not so sure tho but you should ask your tutor at school to confirm if thats true. Just hope that you get an offer from Kings dw k
    I really want to go to Kings as it has been my favourite all along and Medway has always been my insurance. I don't have a problem with either of those but it's the other three unis that I picked. It feels like I have wasted my 3 choices, maybe I should have only applied to 2 but I was too excited at that time and wanted to finish my UCAS application. Anyway merry christmas and thanks a lot for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to go to Kings as it has been my favourite all along and Medway has always been my insurance. I don't have a problem with either of those but it's the other three unis that I picked. It feels like I have wasted my 3 choices, maybe I should have only applied to 2 but I was too excited at that time and wanted to finish my UCAS application. Anyway merry christmas and thanks a lot for the advice.
    you cant be so sure you know have you researched properly on those other two unis the could be good as well..... i know right i felt that way as well...
    Merry christmas to and your welcome feel free to ask questions

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.