Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you survive xmas Watch

ReputationRep:
    With allll the treats,

What do you guys do, do you indulge or do you resist?

ReputationRep:
    I indulge, but tbh, I could do with gaining some weight so it's not a worry for me.

ReputationRep:
    I indulge, even though I shouldn't, just be super healthy the week after christmas!

ReputationRep:
    indulge. xmas is the time of year where its wrong not to.

ReputationRep:
    I eat everything anyway so i don't care!

Everyone has nuts this time of year though - niiiice! I Like!

ReputationRep:
    I find breathing, eating and drinking is a good way of surviving christm... oh wait, that's not your question.

I don't worry about it. I train hard and just let myself enjoy it. I generally don't eat chocolate anyway, so that's no biggie and christmas dinner is plenty of protein with carbs and vegetables. Perfect.

ReputationRep:
    It's only once a year a little chocolate and beer ain't gonna hurt me.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    I see it as the easiest possible way to ensure I get well over 2500 calories per day.

ReputationRep:
    Discipline.

ReputationRep:
    resist accept xmas day and boxing day then back on it day after!

ReputationRep:
    Im lean bulking at the moment, so i'm only eating 300 calories over maintenence. So, thats like 2300. To compensate for the enevitable all out binge on christmas day, i've done a sort of mini cut. Lost 1 1/2 lbs last week, and so far .5lbs this week. Therefore, on christmas day. I can overeat a ton

ReputationRep:
    It's quite easy to survive usually. I sit in my home, we open our presents and have Christmas dinner. We then watch TV and later play boardgames and have some sandwiches.

Every year is a struggle for survival.

ReputationRep:
    It's once a year, man up.

Dude seriously 1 day of a lot of eating is fine. Plus you don't need to eat all these sweet things. Xmas dinner is pretty nutritious from my point of view; some good carbs and protein there as well as vitamins and nutrients. Then there's no need to stuff yourself silly with sweets and puddings. Starters like salmon are got for you too with omega 3 etc etc.

And tad off topic OP but long time no see :wink2:

ReputationRep:
      I'm Muslim so getting through such a difficult time is surprisingly easy.

ReputationRep:
      It's probably going to be like two weeks of indulgence with all the family/family friends I'm being dragged to see.

But if anyone's offering food/alcohol. I'm not complaining.

ReputationRep:
      it hasn't affected me at all since I barely eat chocolate now, nuts I like and are a good snack anyway, and on xmas day i'll just eat half the turkey and veg, pretty healthy aside from the pudding and whats 1000 cals of pudding and cream gonna do to me? make me obese?

ReputationRep:
      I dont go nuts, I just stick with what I do. I dont like eating chocolate or lots of sugary things anyways.

ReputationRep:
      A bit of yule log & a few chocolates is my lot.

ReputationRep:
      I, erm, show self control.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.