Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Thrush - what do I do? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Deleted

ReputationRep:
    You can still give him Bjs so dont worry about spreading your legs.

ReputationRep:
    go to boots and buy the canestan tablets and cream, if your really embarrased tell them its for your pet as it has warts ( i work with horses and we use it) xx

Embarrassed to ask the pharmacist for a cream? Do you really think he/she will care at all, they sell such things like caramels every day.......

i had it a few months ago, went to doc, a bit scared, i admit! he didn't even have a look, much to my relief! gave me some cream for it and away we went. ask for a female gp/nurse? I had a male one, but it was ok! honest! after all, they've heard it all before! its not rare!

ReputationRep:
      You don't even need to go to a pharmacist, most supermarkets sell thrush treatments anyway. Nobody is going to care that you're buying it though it's not really that interesting

ReputationRep:
      I hope the kindly middle aged woman is behind the counter today...not the attractive guy

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by alibobs)
      You don't even need to go to a pharmacist, most supermarkets sell thrush treatments anyway. Nobody is going to care that you're buying it though it's not really that interesting
      Because of the snow it has to be my very small local pharmacy

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Smem)
      it's okay, pharmacies would be preferable to supermarkets, because like people have mentioned, they're far more used to people buying things for embarrassing illnesses

(Original post by Smem)
        Oh no, the whole neighbourhood will be talking about this, it will be the top conversation around the Christmas table. Maybe they will put it on national television just before the snow updates, or even become a New Year's topic.

ReputationRep:
        Supermarket + Canasten + Self Service Tills = Problem Solved.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Smem)
        No matter how small it is you really think you're the only woman to come in with that problem ?

You realise women must come in asking for treatment for things like vaginosis ? Diarrhea ? Irritable bowel syndrome ? Amongst other ''disgusting'' things.

If the pharmacist let things like that affect how attracted he was to women he would never get any action.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by JesusIsMyHomeboy)
        Supermarket + Canasten + Self Service Tills = Problem Solved.
        only problem is it usually has to be bleeped on a security thing lol

but yeah OP, seriously don't worry about it. i know its embarassing but it's a common problem and nobody will care. Do you honestly think people would be thyat interested that you have thrush? it's something almost all women will have at least once, it's noo biggie

ReputationRep:
        Oh yeah. Apologies. Just go for it OP, it'll be fine.

Yeap, go for the supermarket, what's the worst that can happen. Maybe they will ask for a price check over the loudspeaker.......

ReputationRep:
          Lol I know how you feel :p:
          Of all times to get thrush this is possibly the worst...I really need to get myself to the nearest supermarket/pharmacy...but that means a 40 minute trek through the snow :|

Seriously though, it's nothing to be embarrassed about...and your pharmacist (cute or not) is really not going to care

ReputationRep:
          I think supermarket is a good place to get it. When I'm working on checkouts it usually never registers what people are buying in my mind because I'm just thinking about how long it is until my shift ends!

ReputationRep:
          (Original post by Smem)
          I think I have thrush. I'm itchy inside and out 'down there'.
          I'm pretty embarrassed but I want to get it treated now (as I've just noticed it) before it gets worse. I've read it can go away on its own but I don't really want to risk it.
          Do I have to ask the pharmacist for help (so embarrassed) and do I have to tell my boyfriend (I won't be seeing him for a few days and its very unlikely we'll be having sex during the next 7 days due to family being about).
          go to your doctor there are some drugs that can clear it up in as little as one tablit, id tell your BF to there is a chance he might have it. don't worry about it, could be worse.

ReputationRep:
          I really wouldnt worry, its no big deal. Just get to your chemist and get a pill/cream whatever combination you need. Have you had this before? If you having it a lot then you should really see your GP, if not then just buy the medication. I also agree with what Alvae says above - if your bf has it too then he could re-infect you so you need to mention it to him.

ReputationRep:
          It's no big deal, just get some thrush cream from the pharmacy! Use it for two weeks (it'll say that on the label) and voila, it goes!

Submit reply
        TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
        Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
        Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.