Firm and insurance problem!! Watch

This discussion is closed.
mjf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Hi I was just wondering if someone could shed some light on this...
im planning on putting my first choice with AA(in chem and maths), only I am predicted a B in Maths which is what they asked for it - Im also taking psychology though which should be an A. What I want to know is if I put my insurance which is AB and I get a B in maths - do I automatically have to accpet the insurance or can the first still accept me if they think I am still worthy of the place? The course is veterinary medicine as well!
MuvverRussia
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
The first can still accept you.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
im planning on putting my first choice with AA(in chem and maths), only I am predicted a B in Maths which is what they asked for it - Im also taking psychology though which should be an A. What I want to know is if I put my insurance which is AB and I get a B in maths - do I automatically have to accpet the insurance or can the first still accept me if they think I am still worthy of the place? The course is veterinary medicine as well!
You only take up your insurance place if your first choice formally reject you after results, so its worth phoning them on results day to see if they'll still take you even if you don't get the required grades.
mjf
Rep:
?
I really hope so!! I really want to go to the other uni...so Im not legally bound to go to the second one even though I fulfil their requirements? Only if I get formally rejected through UCAS..youve eased my tension slightly! Its my birthday as well! AHH!
mjf
Rep:
?
Anyone else know about this?
MuvverRussia
Report 16 years ago
OK

I'm completely sure that it works like this:

You are only contractually obliged to go to your insurance offer if:

A. You fail to meet your offer for your firm choice.
AND
B. You are subsequently rejected by your firm choice.

Last year my brother was accepted by his insurance when the results came out, but later in the week his firm over ruled that by accepting him.
Soulfish
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
If when the results come out, and for whatever reason you get rejected from your first choice and decide you don't want to go to your insurance choice you can always pull out of the UCAS system for this year.

You won't be able to enter clearing and you'll have to reapply in september, but you get out of having to go somewhere you don't want to.
blackrainbow
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Soulfish)
If when the results come out, and for whatever reason you get rejected from your first choice and decide you don't want to go to your insurance choice you can always pull out of the UCAS system for this year.

You won't be able to enter clearing and you'll have to reapply in september, but you get out of having to go somewhere you don't want to.
The other option is not to put an insurance choice at all if it's not a place you'd seriously consider going. Then you still have the possibility of going through clearing this year if your firm choice doesn't accept you.
Chicken
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't make the grades that were offered by my first choice, but they still accepted me anyway, without me having to phone up and beg for them to take me. So it does happen.
mjf
Rep:
?
Thanks - youve put my mind at ease a little now!
CamSPSer
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by mjf)
for vetinary medicine they probably wont be so leniant, the amount of great applicants they have is scary. they have lots of great people who they rejected with a string of As who would love to take a place, so work hard, get those grades becuase theres aaint much chance of u getting in 2 that course if u dont get the grades
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (388)
67.24%
No (189)
32.76%

Watched Threads