Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone else watch the Family on Channel 4 here!

Its basically a Nigerian Family being filmed for one summer - It is pure jokes:

Last episode the dad saying that "no black man would marry Julie" his daughter because of her attitude etc.

What do you guys think?

ReputationRep:
    The show makes me crack up. The fact is that they are simply an older and more bush version of my parents.

ReputationRep:
    Da show is bangin' bruda, dey reppin' us africans! BIG UP

ReputationRep:
    Final episode is on today at 10:50, should be funny!

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, last one tonight I absolutely love it, so funny!

ReputationRep:
    I preferred the indian family but I've only watched one episode of this series so maybe I haven't given it a fair shot.

ReputationRep:
    I loved the episode man.

Despite all the conflict you can see they all love each other really.

Wish my family was that tight :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Sooo gutted it's over People are giving Julie stick on facebook but I can actually see her point and sympathise with her. Can't wait for the next series!

ReputationRep:
    After watching the last two episodes, I feel sorry for Julie. I didn't warm to her at first because she seemed overly aggressive and confrontational. I did suspect it was because she was uncomfortable with her status in the family, as she doesn't fit in with the rest. They all have accepted that the fact that their father and family in general are not very emotionally expressive but Julie wants more and doesn't realise that her father probably won't ever change. It's sad to see that at her age she's still craving love and acceptance from her parents and now has traveled to America as a result of this.

Also, lol at the mother wanting to give the dildo to a charity shop and not quite understanding the concept of Big Brother :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    the show is jokes! XD

Big up to ayo!

ReputationRep:
    The family was so funny becoz dats exactley like my house! lol im nigerian allday evryday
    Love Ola...Ayo maybe needs to concentrate on da IT business...Gonna miss it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sango)
    The show makes me crack up. The fact is that they are simply an older and more bush version of my parents.
    This, haha! Though I'm not actually Nigerian, I'm Sierra Leonian.
    My mum and my sister went through the exact same thing Julie and her mum did when Julie put her mum's stuff in plastic bags to throw away and her mum went back into the bin to get them! My mum did that!
    My sister is a bit like Julie! Down to the cleaning obsession lol. But she's not shouty and annoying.
    I lol'd so hard when the mum wanted to give the dildo to charity! :rofl:
    'What do you do with that?'
    'Someone... gave it to me.'
    LOOOL
    Their resturant looks niiiice!
    It made me laugh how Ola always seemed to be eating in every other shot. Editing?

The one who thinks he can rap (Ayo) gives me jokes. I feel so sorry for Julie because she wants love and acceptance that her parents don't feel is 'the way' to give her. My mum's the same. She hasn't hugged me in years because she wasn't brought up like that.

I loved how much love the family had for each other, despite their differences and arguments.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.