Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been contemplating this for a long time now and I think my time has come. Everything I try and do always blows up in my face. I always try and help other people out and mess up and I am left there laughed at and embarrassed by everyone. I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I gave up everything i was good at to be with this girl and she robbed me and left me jobless. I can't go on any more. My family dont want to know me and i have no one to turn to.

What shall I do?

ReputationRep:
    If this is a troll, you're sick.
    If it isn't, what are you doing on here? Call Samaritans or something.

ReputationRep:
    how old are you? :erm:

ReputationRep:
    Things will get better, ending your life is never the solution. If you stick things out it will improve - you are the only person who can control your life and don't let the actions of others have a negetive impact on your outlook. Chin up

ReputationRep:
    Pick yourself up when you're knocked down?

Honestly, there's no positivity or productivity in killing yourself. It's not the answer or solution.

You have two options:

Kill yourself and be erased from existence.

Or work hard to sorting out your issues and try achieve a stable equilibrium/ Better yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Think of it this way; You're still alive and if you feel like you're at the rock bottom and everything is awful, it can only go up. There's no more room for failure, you have time to make a change. Don't let yourself down when we all still have a chance.

ReputationRep:
    Committing suicide would be a long-term solution to a short-term problem. Don't just don't.

ReputationRep:
    Not die?

Prove the world wrong, if you give in you have lost the fight.

ReputationRep:
    Hardships make a strong person, and difficulty in life makes the upcoming happiness much sweeter. Think about how happy you'll be when things turn around. And they will!

You think you have no one to turn to, why not turn to someone here? Feel free to message me.

ReputationRep:
    Dont let urself down. Everyone makes mistakes and if u feel u've reached rockbottom as someone said before it can only go up. But u have to make the choices and learn from the past. Killing urself is not the answer or the solution to ur problem. If u can still live at home with ur parents then look for another job and get back up on ur feet.

ReputationRep:
    This might not appeal to you (and I understand if not!), but consider going to church whenever you feel really low. If you live in a city, or a large town, there are bound to be churches that might suit your taste, with plenty of social interaction, live music, etc. Not all churches are full of old people sitting in pews, singing hymns- the church I go to is really uplifting and makes me feel so much better, especially if I'm having an absolutely crap day

If not, maybe take up a hobby and focus on something you do enjoy; something like song-writing would be good, because you can express exactly how you feel.
    Also, can I ask why your parents don't want to know you? If you solve that problem, things will get better because you'll have your family to support and look after you.

Hope things get better for you! x

Sometimes, you need to hit rock bottom to get back up on your feet again! Killing yourself is not worth it, find something which you enjoy and takes your mind off things? Remember, someone cares about you and would be heartbroken if you were gone..

ReputationRep:
    Don't trust women :yep:
    Help yourself before helping others if your life sucks :yep:
    Don't resort to suicide, there are worse fates. Talk to a death camp survivor for example. Use their tips. Worked fore me. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are feeling this way at the moment. You mention the problems with this girl which must be really tough for you and I see how you feel like you don't have anyone close to you you can turn to. Would you consider calling the Samaritans? Their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/ If you don't feel able to speak to them on the phone, you can email them or text them and they will usually respond within a few hours.

I'm going to close this thread now, not because we don't care or we don't want to listen to you, but because we are not in the best position to help you and sometimes people post dangerous advice or make insensitive comments. The people best equipped to help you in terms of listening to you and helping you feel supported and able to cope with the stress you're under are the Samaritans, who are great for that. Please give them a call. Alternatively, the Samaritans can call you with your permission if you feel unable to call them. If you would like me to ask them to call you, please PM me

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.