Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cancelled driving test question. Watch

ReputationRep:
    My test was cancelled this morning due to road conditions.

My question is do I have to wait for the letter for a new appointment or can I call them to arrange another? If I have to wait, how long does it take for them to send the letter?

I'm due to go in for exploratory knee surgery on the 6th of Jan and was pondering postponing the op until after my test.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

As they cancelled it, you will get another test date allocated to you which, with the way that the waiting lists are, is likely to be some time in the future. However, if it is at least a couple of hours since your test completion time (if it had gone ahead ) you can ring or check on line for an earlier cancellation. Until the test is marked as cancelled it is still open and you can't amend it but once it is, you are free to fiddle as much as you like (within reason )

Hope that helps

Emma

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Emma.

Waiting times are up on the DSA site as 7 weeks.

Ah I've just looked on the DSA site and it's been rebooked already for 2nd Feb which is good as I've spoke to my consultant and he says that my recovery from the op should only be a week or two. So that fits in nicely.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was cancelled due to weather 3 times! So you have my full sympathy!

Each time they sent me a letter in the post to confirm a new date

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm hoping the weather will be ok in Feb. The roads were practically clear in the test area but I suppose even a little bit of snow and they're off.

I've just thought, the date on the DSA site now is that it or could they change it before I get the letter or is the one on the site generally the one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dolly*daydream)
    I've just thought, the date on the DSA site now is that it or could they change it before I get the letter or is the one on the site generally the one?
    Although anything can happen, the date on the system is the date you view online and the date that will generate the letter.

If they do change it again, you will see it online and should get another letter.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Advisor.

I'll keep checking. The run of bad luck I've been having lately everything will go teets up and it will all change.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.