Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need help!! My 3 mobile broadband isnt working?

I am trying to install the modem on one laptop but for some reason it is not showing up when i plug it in???

But when i plug it onto another laptop it works fine to install it?

What do i do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crzybb)

I am trying to install the modem on one laptop but for some reason it is not showing up when i plug it in???

What do i do?
    Could be something to do with the USB ports on that particular laptop? They could be corrupt. Try restarting the laptop and try again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ms607)
    Could be something to do with the USB ports on that particular laptop? They could be corrupt. Try restarting the laptop and try again?
    thanks
    yhh i've tried that, but i cant find it anywhere even though the light is green?

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    yhh i've tried that, but i cant find it anywhere even though the light is green?
    Hmm, could be a number of reasons why it isn't working. Forgive me for sounding a bit obvious, but is this laptop updated with the latest windows updates? (assuming it is windows) and has it been scanned for viruses/malware recently?

ReputationRep:

What do i do?
    same thing happened to me and it was down to updating drivers... i dont know how they expect you to update drivers without internet access but anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ms607)
    Hmm, could be a number of reasons why it isn't working. Forgive me for sounding a bit obvious, but is this laptop updated with the latest windows updates? (assuming it is windows) and has it been scanned for viruses/malware recently?
    yhh it is... everything is fine... it was working this morning but my stupid sister decided to uninstall the 3 broadband and now there is no sign of it? i've checked in the control panel for the devices and printers, changed the usb port and switched it off and on again??? is there any way i can get it to show up??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by worldscollide)
    same thing happened to me and it was down to updating drivers... i dont know how they expect you to update drivers without internet access but anyway
    did you get it fixed? so how am i going to be able to install it?

ReputationRep:
    http://ask3.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN...ME=MBB:mbbUser

Not sure how you are going to download the program, but if you can find somewhere to connect to the internet, go to that link and find the update for your dongle.

Hope it helps!

ReputationRep:
    i did, i went to an internet cafe with a memory stick, downloaded the driver onto the stick, took it home and it worked after that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Articles:

The Student Room tech wikiTech forum guidelines

Quick link:

Unanswered technology and computers threads

Sponsored features:

Web Legend

Win a Macbook Air!

Blog about setting up a website for a chance to win in our Web Legend competition.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.