The Student Room Group

UCAS Quick personal statement question

I refer to a book in my personal statement in which each chapter has been written by a different author, but the book as overall been edited by one person. I specifically refer to one chapter in my personal statement, so should I use the chapter author's name, or the overall editor's name?

And the book is called 'Cold War' so would i say; (this is just an example)

I was deeply capitvated by Rutton's book, in 'Cold War, where he described...

OR

I was deeply captivated by Rutton's book, in the 'Cold War', where he described...
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JACKKDINE
I refer to a book in my personal statement in which each chapter has been written by a different author, but the book as overall been edited by one person. I specifically refer to one chapter in my personal statement, so should I use the chapter author's name, or the overall editor's name?

And the book is called 'Cold War' so would i say; (this is just an example)

I was deeply capitvated by Rutton's book, in 'Cold War, where he described...

OR

I was deeply captivated by Rutton's book, in the 'Cold War', where he described...

Make sure you use at least the author's first initials as well, to make it easy to find if people want to find it.

If you have the space (unlikely I know :smile:) Then I would do a full Harvard style reference either in brackets or at the end of the PS. It might seem a bit pedantic but if you are applying to do history, business, English etc then it would look good that you are being thorough :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending