ReputationRep:
    is there anyway to conact a banned member? had been talking to someone about something rather important to me but i think hes been banned - anything i can do about this??

If they are temporarily banned, they will be back in a week and you can talk to them then

If they are permanently banned, check the "My Contact Info" tab on their profile to see if their email add is there. If it isn't, not much we can do I'm afraid as we do not reveal users personal information to others.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by - skyhigh -)
      If they are temporarily banned, they will be back in a week and you can talk to them then

If they are permanently banned, check the "My Contact Info" tab on their profile to see if their email add is there. If it isn't, not much we can do I'm afraid as we do not reveal users personal information to others.
      is there anyway i can tell if they've been banned temporarily or permanently??

(Original post by NicoleG13)
        is there anyway i can tell if they've been banned temporarily or permanently??
        In most cases, permanently banned users will have 1000 or more warning points while temporarily banned users will have 15 to 30 warning points.

If they don't have any warning points, they are most likely banned by request.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.