Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    After interview, they just emailed me saying a decision has not yet been made.

Anyone had this? How good are the chances of getting a place after this?

ReputationRep:
    Well, if we're going purely on the information they've given you I don't see why you'd be out the running.

I don't know if there's anyone here that's gotten one of those before, and of those people how many got rejected. Either way don't count your chickens before they're hatched!

The best of luck to you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FloRaRa)

After my PMS interview, I was told that I was being put on a deferred list to be decided on later, and eventually received an offer from them about 4 months later. If they say that they haven't decided about you, then that is what they should mean. They just haven't decided. Can't tell you what the odds are.

ReputationRep:
    Got the same thing from them, at first i was worried it meant I was a very borderline candidate, but going by the stalking page here they're probably giving out very few offers at the moment and putting the majority on hold
    • PS Helper

(Original post by FloRaRa)

(Original post by iamwhatiamnot)
    Got the same thing from them, at first i was worried it meant I was a very borderline candidate, but going by the stalking page here they're probably giving out very few offers at the moment and putting the majority on hold
    At bristol, of those they interview, you are rejected, offered, or held. I don't know what the proportion of each is, however and probably depends on the quality of the candidates that day.

Also it's quite early and univeristies have to be very careful to not over offer as they have to fund all places outside their government quota.

I was held by Bristol from the 15th dec (ish) til the 7th April. - so being on hold, whilst it doesn't automatically mean you'll eventually be offered a place, it also doesn't mean that you'll be rejected.

it does however mean they think you are better than an straight rejection To have got to interview is awesome given they interview about 750ish candidates and there are 200ish places.

So don't worry! - sorry this was a bit haphazard xxx

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected the other day , at least being on hold is better than a downright rejection. Got an interview for Leicester instead, and and offer for Medical Physiology at Leic. as well. Leicester's being really nice!

All the best for your other choices!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.