Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Attending the open day wearing all of your Jack Wills doesn't count

mmmmm post a picture of yourself then, timestamp please.
    Don't be so patronising. You know nothing about myself or my family, you're ridiculously rude. I've attended both types of schooling, and I don't get why that's a problem for you. I don't only wear Jack Wills by the way, so yeah, what's the problem?

Lol no, I'm hardly going to destroy my anonymity just because you're being a bit of an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was Jack Willis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Summergirl.x)
    Read the thread before commenting on the quality of the clothing. Because it is good quality, I assure you. I don't go for crappy quality clothes - why I don't shop in Primark or Topshop or New Look or any other shop like that.

Yeah if you ask a girl wearing JW hoody that you're going to get that response because the hoody is the thing that most people go for if they want to pretend they fit into that lifestyle. Go up to a girl wearing a JW dress or skirt and ask her how many items she owns she'll probably tell you she can't count them all or isn't bothered about the number.
    This. I have a hoody, but I wear it when I have to go riding in the snow, or for other sports. I hate people thinking Jack Wills is only hoodies and joggers, they do so many other things that don't have "JACK WILLS" splashed across them. No one I know counts their Jack Wills lmao!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loafer)
    Doesn't matter anyway, I found a video of you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXZ52-XgUjA
    Ew, that's disgusting. If you actually read any of my posts, you'd know I'm against welfare scrounging dole riders, so please don't insult me in this manner. If you want an enlightened debate, that would be perfectly okay, but this is childish and pathetic. We both know you're only doing this to wind me up, which as I've said, is very childish. Grow up.

Also, just a random question that the video has brought to my mind: Why do all these chavs seem to have no eyebrows? I've noticed it so many times, and it looks ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    i hope that people eventually realise that your all arguing over a clothing brand? i hate to point out the obvious and everything but there you go, get over it?

ReputationRep:
    It's a lifestyle brand, that's all that needs to be said.

ReputationRep:
    it's pretty gay and i'll judge you for it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captain92)
    Is this a new brand that has suddenly appeared/ suddenly become popular, or have I just not previously noticed or heard of it?
    I'm pretty sure I wasn't aware what Jack Wills was until I joined TSR.
    Shed any light?
    And also, why is it in particular associated with "rah" type stuff, moreso than... I dunno, Zara or Topman or whatever?
    Because a ****ing polo shirt shouldn't cost £70 unless itd made from gold

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Ali.)
    Ew, that's disgusting. If you actually read any of my posts, you'd know I'm against welfare scrounging dole riders, so please don't insult me in this manner. If you want an enlightened debate, that would be perfectly okay, but this is childish and pathetic. We both know you're only doing this to wind me up, which as I've said, is very childish. Grow up.

Also, just a random question that the video has brought to my mind: Why do all these chavs seem to have no eyebrows? I've noticed it so many times, and it looks ridiculous.
    Perhaps if you weren't so quick to label people chavs or jealous then you wouldn't be called a "rah" so much. You can hardly criticise others for being judgemental.

As for the brand, some of the clothes are okay but there are much, much cheaper alternatives. Instead of spending £40 or so on JW joggers I'd rather get 2 pairs of Soul Cal ones. But that's just me.

ReputationRep:
    My sister asked me to get her something from JW for Christmas.

I got her a 2GB memory stcik.... for £19.

Meh, at least it is something useful. MY POINT, anyway. The prices are absolutely extortionate, no one can really argue against that. The brand and all of its styles are just a mixture of 'preppy', 'rah' etc. 'fashion styles' that have been around for yonks. Then again, I can't really speak about extortionate pricing, being an All Saints fan, but still. Ew, Jack Wills.

ReputationRep:
    Jack Wills is so expensive and when I saw the prices it made my eyes shoot out of my head! :eek: It just seems a fad and that overall its just clothes and whatever shop clothes are sold from they are just clothes at the end of the day and you dont need to pay through the roof to look and feel good, so dont judge. The clothes themselves just look like old fashioned Eton, Yale, Princton, Oxford, Cambridge public school/top university wannabes that have been around for ages. :rolleyes: And, also, newsfalsh, "Fabulously British" the clever marketing and branding logos may say, but made in China sweatshops is the truth!!

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. yeah its expensive, but its the sale now!
    And yeah some people just buy the hoodies, their choice, they fit nicely and I love how they feel, but tbh I won't buy one just cause their too popular now..

ReputationRep:
    Haters gon' hate

ReputationRep:
    Get. Over. It.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunty64)
    isn't it made in the same ****holes where other cotton garments are mass produced? Surely it must be, otherwise their profit margins wouldn't be so great...

Or is it made in GB?
    They're made in mostly EU countries, sometimes in Turkey too (I have a hoodie and a t-shirt from them, and it's far better quality than the usual stuff that graces the high-street nowadays, which probably only lasts 6 months or even longer if you're lucky).

I usually wait for the sales to come around, since it would equal huge savings over their usual prices.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.