Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the best offline co-op PS3 game? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My brother and I really enjoy playing co-op games together, we have a massive telly so there's no real issue with splitscreens. We loved playing Resistance and were extremely disappointed when Resistance 2 took out the offline co-op mode. Since then it's been near impossible to find an game that supports offline co-op mode and isn't utter rubbish. I also recently did some research and found out what I thought would be good, Uncharted 2, I bought it for my brother's birthday only to find out it only had online co-op mode and no offline multiplayer mode. So I'm getting frustrated not being able to find a good game!

So please, need you help, what are the best offline co-op games for PS3?

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, if only i knew how to subscribe to a thread...i'll bookmark it instead!

I too am interested in your question. My mate recently bought Resistance for us to play together as we're into offline co-op. We used to just play World at War and Black Ops zombiemode but got bored of those, and i'm not sure how long this Resistance game will keep us entertained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by veronica111)
    My brother and I really enjoy playing co-op games together, we have a massive telly so there's no real issue with splitscreens. We loved playing Resistance and were extremely disappointed when Resistance 2 took out the offline co-op mode. Since then it's been near impossible to find an game that supports offline co-op mode and isn't utter rubbish. I also recently did some research and found out what I thought would be good, Uncharted 2, I bought it for my brother's birthday only to find out it only had online co-op mode and no offline multiplayer mode. So I'm getting frustrated not being able to find a good game!

So please, need you help, what are the best offline co-op games for PS3?
    Little Big Planet.

ReputationRep:
    Dead Nation is pretty good and offers local co-op multiplayer.

ReputationRep:
    +1 for little big planet

ReputationRep:
    Army of Two.

ReputationRep:
    little big planet, has by far the best offline multiplayer mode in my eyes. there is Little Big Planet 2 out now, which has loads more features, so i'd recommend that

ReputationRep:
    COD MWII is epic for 4 way play and the 2 player missions are also quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiin)
    little big planet, has by far the best offline multiplayer mode in my eyes. there is Little Big Planet 2 out now, which has loads more features, so i'd recommend that
    LBP 2 is out the end of Jan.

ReputationRep:
    I recently bought Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, turns out it is very good and fun to play co-op split screen!

I bought it for my brother for christmas and we've had a lot of fun playing it so far, not tedious like other offline co-ops.

ReputationRep:
    Borderlands
    Haze
    Kane & Lynch 1/2
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1/2
    Smackdown vs. Raw
    Resident Evil 5
    Terminator Salvation

ReputationRep:
    Resident Evil 5, Army of Two, Rainbow 6 Vegas (1 & 2)

ReputationRep:
    Borderlands
    Black Ops Zombies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanoo)
    Army of Two.
    Care to ellaborate as to what makes it a good game? I was recommended this today by the gamestation guy but i couldn't tell much about the game from the back of the box. I didn't see how much the first one was, or how long it's been out, but the sequel was priced at £50.

ReputationRep:
    Army of Two was designed to be a co-op. I've only ever played it as that, never single player. It's an okay game, and when looking for an offline co-op game for the PS3 you really don't have much in the way of choice! I've never seen either game priced that high, always less than £20 each and less than £10 if pre-owned. If you want a game that you can play together for a few hours (both are quite short) then it's a good bet.

I can only repeat some of the other suggestions above. Perhaps try Dynasty Warriors 6 if you haven't already, although it does get quite repetitive after a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlito o.O)
    Care to ellaborate as to what makes it a good game? I was recommended this today by the gamestation guy but i couldn't tell much about the game from the back of the box. I didn't see how much the first one was, or how long it's been out, but the sequel was priced at £50.
    I only played it a friends house so I don't know that much about it but it was really good.
    I think this game was designed mainly for co-op since there are two main characters
    Its not your typical shooter game, it requires strategy and thought into what your doing e.g flanking manoeuvres where you have to cover for you partner and vice versa.

I only played this game for about 2-3 hours so I don't know a great deal about it. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    Resident Evil 5's actually one me and my bro enjoyed immensley. Just for the lulz.

It's not an amazing game though, but a whole heap of fun.

Mercenaries too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkpenguin)
    Resident Evil 5's actually one me and my bro enjoyed immensley. Just for the lulz.

It's not an amazing game though, but a whole heap of fun.

Mercenaries too...
    Mercenaries = awesome It's even better on the PC version of the game, you can select the "No Mercy" mode. That means you basically get loads more zombies than normal, it's really insane and you get surrounded extremely easily. Chris' shotgun comes into use in this situation

I enjoyed mercenaries more than the actual game. Survival games do draw me in (CoD nazi zombies, etc)!

ReputationRep:
    Definitely Army of Two.

Definitely Resident Evil 5.

Played both with my brother. Good times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carlito o.O)
    Mercenaries = awesome It's even better on the PC version of the game, you can select the "No Mercy" mode. That means you basically get loads more zombies than normal, it's really insane and you get surrounded extremely easily. Chris' shotgun comes into use in this situation

I enjoyed mercenaries more than the actual game. Survival games do draw me in (CoD nazi zombies, etc)!
    I enjoyed mercenaries a lot, couldn't find a lot of people who did though...shame really.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 2, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.