Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    a 25cm3 sample taken from a stock solution of ammonia was mixed with 25 cm3 of a solution containing excess hydrochloric acid the temp rise was 0.7 dc

1) calculate the number of ammonia moles which have reacted i got
    2.75280899 mol

2) calculate the concentration of the original stock solution
    this is the 1 i need help on

i understand i would divide amount of moles by the volume (0.025 dm3) but were do i get the amount of moles from if its the original solution

ReputationRep:
    How did you get the first answer? There must be more in the question for that part.

ReputationRep:
    if they've given you a dT, have they given you a dH for the reaction as well? That would allow you to work E=mcdT then dH=E/no moles and work out how many moles of ammonia reacted. This would then be divisible by 0.025 to give the concentration.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.