Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

can my uni search through my stuff in my room? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i live in halls and the uni suspects me of concealing weapons and drugs in my room, so they said they were going to search through my room for the suspected items. Are they allowed to do this and can i refuse?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niggaar)
    i live in halls and the uni suspects me of concealing weapons and drugs in my room, so they said they were going to search through my room for the suspected items. Are they allowed to do this and can i refuse?
    Yes, they can do it. There may possibly be some rule where they can only do it if you're present, but they're definitely allowed to search it.

ReputationRep:
    Just get stoned and stab them if they do.

ReputationRep:
    Have you got weapons and drugs in your room? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Erm, just move the stuff now?

ReputationRep:
    For you I think it's allowed because from your username I can only assume you are black. If you are white though, they are not allowed so I would report them.

ReputationRep:
    troll?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edd360)
    For you I think it's allowed because from your username I can only assume you are black. If you are white though, they are not allowed so I would report them.
    LOL

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.