Being Negged Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Until last week I had a good rep on this site, someone has decided to neg pretty much all my posts, not matter what I say....now Im well into minus figures...Im pretty sure its the same person who keeps doing it, surely there should be something to prevent this kind of behaviour....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Yep its a joke the new rep system is and open to all kinds of abuse

ReputationRep:
    It won't be the same person doing it because there are restrictions in place to stop it :yes:

I've tended to notice that whilst neg goes out more freely so does pos so if you post well you should get pos. Obviously the system isn't perfect but no system could be..
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suzie101)
    Until last week I had a good rep on this site, someone has decided to neg pretty much all my posts, not matter what I say....now Im well into minus figures...Im pretty sure its the same person who keeps doing it, surely there should be something to prevent this kind of behaviour....
    It's not possible for someone to go around and give all the posts by one user negative ratings.

Firstly, once a user has given another user a rating - either positive or negative, they have to spread their ratings around to many other people before they can give another rating to the same person again.

Additionally, a user is limited in the number of post ratings they can give out in a day - 5 for registered members and 10 for subscribers. So even without the limits of rating spreading, a user couldn't give out too many to the same person each day.

I've also taken a look at your reputation/rating history and seen that pretty much all your ratings are from different members.

So it's not possible for someone to be neg rating all your posts and it definitely hasn't happened. You just must have upset a lot of different people with your posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumachi)
    Yep its a joke the new rep system is and open to all kinds of abuse
    It's far less open to abuse than the old system, where someone with massive rep power could take a new member several gems into the red with one hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    It's not possible for someone to go around and give all the posts by one user negative ratings.

Firstly, once a user has given another user a rating - either positive or negative, they have to spread their ratings around to many other people before they can give another rating to the same person again.

Additionally, a user is limited in the number of post ratings they can give out in a day - 5 for registered members and 10 for subscribers. So even without the limits of rating spreading, a user couldn't give out too many to the same person each day.

I've also taken a look at your reputation/rating history and seen that pretty much all your ratings are from different members.

So it's not possible for someone to be neg rating all your posts and it definitely hasn't happened. You just must have upset a lot of different people with your posts
    You have upset me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    It's far less open to abuse than the old system, where someone with massive rep power could take a new member several gems into the red with one hit.
    Cool.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleamingsun)
    You have upset me.
    Dare I ask why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Dare I ask why?
    Because of you. Simple. Because the main reason of most negs here. Heterodoxy.
    EDIT: You have negged me now because you held grudge, didn't you? :rolleyes: Moderators are humans too...
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gleamingsun)
    Because of you. Simple. Because the main reason of most negs here. Heterodoxy.
    EDIT: You have negged me now because you held grudge, didn't you? :rolleyes: Moderators are humans too...
    Right

I still have no idea what you're on about and I definitely haven't given any of your posts in here (or anywhere, to my knowledge) a negative rating.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.