Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Which uni do you think is best for law between Aberdeen, Glasgow and Edinburgh?!! These are my top 3 and I havent applied to any english unis.

ReputationRep:
    edinburgh...

and remember even though you havent applied to english uni's to practice in england you must do the conversion course after your degree. Scottish degree's are four year's long, so it would take you 5 years before you are eligible to take the LPC in England, another year, and then the TC, another two years, before you're a solictor.. (GDL > BVC > Puppilage - Barrister Route)

If you wanna practice in Scotland, ignore me..

ReputationRep:
    They are all similar on the league tables, Glasgow is 8th for Law, Edinburgh 10th and Aberdeen 11th. Judging by this they should all have a high standard of teaching and are respectable universities. Obviously though some peopel slate league tables and say they are worthless when some people (myself) use them. Personally, I would be happy going to any of these three universities for Law but I would probably pick Glasgow because I prefer the city.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies! Right now I don't have any preference. Seems to be varied ideas between edinburgh and Glasgow, as to which is best for law, an I'm still swayed between them!! Ahh decisions!!

Thanks for helping!! x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.