The Student Room Group

Argument with girlfriend - she slapped me.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by PaperSnowAGhost!
I agree with you. But the way the guy reacted to the slap, he has issues. Man up.

I think what the guy did was right what did you want him to do slap her back? insult her some more?
Reply 41
you know Bro's before Ho's?
well it's the exact same for us girls.

but she must feel really bad about it.
i know i would.

to be honest i would of ditched the mates party for a trip to Paris with the boyfriend.
maybe ask her what is more important.
You or her friends?
or threaten to take some other girl if she ditches you to go to her mates party.
s'what i'd do.
Reply 42
I believe she wants to strengthen her friendship bond and yes she is clearly the one in the wrong here! (Unless she has been spending too much time with you and not hanging with her friends)
She didn't consider your time & money being spent and wasted due to this unexpected party.
I'd be rather surprised if she came up to you and apologized other than that she's expecting an apology out of you.

Hopefully you'll calm down. =]
She shouldn't have turned you down, but at the end of the day it was a slap, if it's a long relationship I wouldn't finish it due to that. Everyone lashes out in angers sometime, ofcourse its not acceptable what she did but she probs needs to learn to control her anger better.
uh I think it's a selfish thing to do. But step into her shoes - if it's a friend who means a lot to her, who she has known for years, and she wants to be there for her...but then again, you both did have this trip planned way in advance. Perhaps she didn't really want to go to Paris all that much - perhaps she doesn't like Paris or perhaps there's something else going on beneath the surface. Common courtesy and respect for you would mean she would decline her friend's invite. She doesn't seem to have been particularly apologetic plus she slapped you when you got mad.

I would take a look at your relationship as a whole. This is a girl who doesn't respect you essentially.
Reply 45
Physical violence is acceptable then?
Original post by robynroo
you know Bro's before Ho's?
well it's the exact same for us girls.

but she must feel really bad about it.
i know i would.

to be honest i would of ditched the mates party for a trip to Paris with the boyfriend.
maybe ask her what is more important.
You or her friends?
or threaten to take some other girl if she ditches you to go to her mates party.
s'what i'd do.

So ignore the slap, then emotionally blackmail her. Sound advice.
She sounds like such an ungrateful bitch. I know the main issue here (for you) is the slap, but I'd be absolutely livid if I was in your shoes and she'd just cancelled on me for a friends birthday party - I mean come on, is she 5? What a selfish cow. Tbh even if she hadn't have slapped you, I'd still think you deserve better.
Reply 48
I would love to see the look on your face if a guy ever slaps you senseless and justifies it by telling you did something that was slap-worthy :yep: Oh that would be a sweet, sweet moment.

Seriously, how can you make such a stupid statement?
Reply 49
I think you guys have issues.

I'll say. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous
My girlfriend came over this afternoon, thought we'd have a nice day in...until she casually tells me that she's effectively cancelling the plans we'd already made because it's her friends birthday party.

I have booked a trip to paris to stay there for 3 nights and she knows about this plan for a month now. I'm covering all the expenses, it's all coming out of my wallet. Not only am I really disappointed that she's choosing a friend's birthday party over spending a weekend away with me (although I wouldn't mind IF my plan was flexible, which it isn't because it's booked so it has to be cancelled).

She told me I can cancel the bookings, which is true...but then I'm charged a damn cancellation fee from the hotel which is a lot of money, WASTED money! Naturally I got really angry about this and I hated that she's not even considering 1. my feelings and 2. my money!

We started arguing a lot and had a heated exchange and I said "piss off to your friend then I can't stand the sight of you" which I agree was very rude of me but she slapped me across the face for it!!!

I was just shocked and froze, never expected her to do this and she never has in all the time we've been together (it's a long relationship). I was SO angry I was just fuming and I think she got scared just from the look on my face, so I told her to leave before this gets from bad to worse.

She kept ringing and texting after but I switched the phone off and went to sleep so that I can cool off instead of having a slagging match via text.

Now I don't know what to do, I said some bad things but I can't believe she slapped me. I feel so disrespected and although I really love her this is just something I can't let pass. I'm facing the dilemma now, to follow my feelings and forgive her and just put it behind us or to follow my principles and stand up for my dignity by leaving her.

I feel so annoyed that all this has come about from something that should have been a romantic trip away, instead it's led to this disaster.

I really need some advice on how to approach the situation please, would appreciate your views on what would be the right thing to do because I don't want to act irrationally in this anger.

thanks.

First of all, you could have controlled yourself a bit more. However, I totally understand why you bashed her - turning down such plan that she knew about for a month just because of a birthday of her friend, who she's probably not going to remember in a few years' time? It's totally out of order as for me and I would have reacted similarly.

Secondly, well done on letting yourself cool down instead of having a further argument. Don't react - think and then act.

Now the matter of dignity. Being slapped by your loved can be degrading, but you have to try to objectively judge whether it was justified or not. If you feel that the slap doesn't really reflect the words you used then... perhaps let her know that you expect an apology, but not just a 'sorry', that can be spat out with little thinking involved, something that will make her realize what she did? Don't break up if this would be the only reason.

Heads up, you sound like a good man who will come up with something sensible :smile:
Right ok, so according to you despite the fact that OP has paid out for a 3 day romantic trip to Paris, and despite the fact that his selfish GF cancelled this because her friends birthday party is SO much more important :rolleyes: and despite the fact that SHE slapped HIM, he's the one who was in the wrong?
Jesus christ what a bitch. Spoiled cow are the words that comes to mind
I'll take a trip to Paris!

It sounds ridiculous tbh. Good on you for telling her to leave and not replying to her calls and texts. That's the best thing to do and well done for not retaliating and hitting her back (even though she would have deserved it) cause she sounds like she would have been a prissy bitch about it.

It's up to you though. She sounds really ungrateful and unpleasant and like she's not prioritising you in her life at all. She can have other plans with her friend, the party isn't set in stone. The trip to Paris is paid for and a damn lot more expensive than some party.

Blehhh rage. See, this hasn't even happened to me and I'm outraged. That's how stupid she's being.
Reply 54
I fancy a trip to Paris, if you're still up for it :yy:
Reply 55
Original post by Imperatore
Keep the paris trip on, take a friend with you (even better if it's a girl friend). That will really make her feel like ****, and she deserves to because slapping is just out of order.

Best idea yet. Take some girl and pound her all weekend.
Reply 56
She sounds like a right little madam to be honest. Asking you to cancel the Paris trip because she simply wants to do something else is completely selfish, and slapping from either partner is completely unacceptable. I'd be well rid! Find yourself a girl who isn't a total brat.
That's a ridiculous reason to cancel a trip to Paris, and slapping you was completely out of order. I'd say leave it a few days, she needs to apologise.
Reply 58
I agree with you. But the way the guy reacted to the slap, he has issues. Man up.

To man up would be to beat the **** out of her, violence is never acceptable, especially with someone you love you would never expect them to lay a finger on you no matter if your the guy or the girl, it the sheer shock. OP deserves a rep for not beating her back in the heat of the moment.

Thats just unacceptable, especially when OP goes out of his way to be romantic booking a trip to Paris, paying for it all, and shes ditching him for a stupid party, unless the party is on a cruise ship to the Caribbean theirs no way she can justify her actions.
Don't cancel the trip. Go to Paris and get absolutely hammered.

And dump her, hitting you was totally out of order! :unimpressed:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending