Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to fade disaster highlights? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I'm new here
    Yesterday I got my highlights done, not my first time by far, but the colours I wanted had been discontinued at the suppliers.
    Due to the snow the colourist only drove up on the day and found the nearest colours possible.
    I have mousey brown hair and I had wanted golden/ginger highlights, which I have had before.
    She was able to find the same golden colour from another brand, but as for the other colour it's basically bright orange/red.
    Think this colour: :jfault: (colour of smiley not sign)
    I really hate it because it doesn't suit me at all. The difference in colours is huge and it looks really stupid.
    I got it done yesterday at 12 noon and was told to leave it for as long as possible to let the colour rest. Stuff that. I washed it today at 5pm.
    Should I wash it again? It's hard to tell if the colour has left yet. Any tips on getting it to fade? As well as being a bit embarassing it's so bright I don't think the school would allow it lol!

ReputationRep:
    Bad luck, I had the exact same problem last year.
    Have a bath and plaster your hair in shampoo and really rub it in. Stay in the bath for as long as possible and try not to remove the shampoo. That should help 'lift' most of the dye out. After leaving your hair + shampoo in the bath/water for a long time it helps get most of it out. Make sure all the shampoo has gone. DO NOT USE CONDITIONER.

GL!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AgaROSE)
    Bad luck, I had the exact same problem last year.
    Have a bath and plaster your hair in shampoo and really rub it in. Stay in the bath for as long as possible and try not to remove the shampoo. That should help 'lift' most of the dye out. After leaving your hair + shampoo in the bath/water for a long time it helps get most of it out. Make sure all the shampoo has gone. DO NOT USE CONDITIONER.

GL!
    Thanks. Would you say it is worth doing this tonight, bearing in mind I showered an hour ago, or wait until morning? More convenient to wait until morning but will it affect the colour in the same way?

ReputationRep:
    When I had a hair dye disaster my friend who is a hairdresser told me to buy vosene shampoo and use it a few times- It did really fade the dye! It can make your hair abit dry though if you use it too much!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.