Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help i forgot my laptop password, what do i do?

ReputationRep:
    why.........what have you got uploaded on the desktop.....why are you anonymous......you knw what your kinda suspicious i think ill skip

ReputationRep:
    What operating system are you using? ie: XP, Vista, Windows 7?
    It's pretty much all the same. Just slightly different ways of getting there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drdre)
    why.........what have you got uploaded on the desktop.....why are you anonymous......you knw what your kinda suspicious i think ill skip
    Passwords are basic security. When you log on, you are accessing the shell to the OS. Think of a pistachio. The shell of the pistachio is your log on password, and the pistachio itself is the kernel. Without the shell, your pistachio can be easily crushed. The same goes with the password.

Anonymous 16 is their username

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drdre)
    funny!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous 16)
    LOL your soo funny! im a 16 yr old girl and i don't want my real name on here, so i called it anonymous which makes sense, and if you haven't noticed, everyone has a false name on here, so why are you picking on me? and its none of your business what i have and don't have on my laptop, and the only reason why i want a password on here is so that my nosy friends and cousins don't mess around on my computer! quite frankly, if your going to be useless to me, its pointless of you commenting!

thanks and bye.
    cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drdre)
    cool story bro.
    so called rapper 'DrDre' im not your 'bro'and thanks.

ReputationRep:
    excuse me so called rapper 'DrDre' im not your 'bro'and thanks.
    and like u dont have a password?! whats the big deal!
    16 year old girls should be playing with barbies and NOT trolling.

ReputationRep:
    LOL your soo funny! im a 16 yr old girl and i don't want my real name on here, so i called it anonymous which makes sense, and if you haven't noticed, everyone has a false name on here, so why are you picking on me? and its none of your business what i have and don't have on my laptop, and the only reason why i want a password on here is so that my nosy friends and cousins don't mess around on my computer! quite frankly, if your going to be useless to me, its pointless of you commenting!

thanks and bye.

p.s. i also said i have a password set, but there is no need for me to enter it in, so i was wondering why this is happening.
    If you want, download "Teamviewer" install it, and give us a PM and if you haven't sorted your problem out, then let us know-it can all be done via Teamviewer . Passwords aren't just so nosy family members can't get in. They are vital against hackers ie: they are the shell as I said. Again, coming back to the Pistachio; there are some pistachio's where you can't crack open the shell and eat the pistachio inside. If you have a strong password, your "pistachio" (kernel) is a lot safer from hackers, as it is harder to crack open

Just a bit of rambling if you can make sense of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.