Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think this guy might like me? Watch

Basically for part of my course this year I have to do a placement in a primary school with some one else from my course. It's all going great, I love the school, the class I'm in is awesome, the teacher's friendly and it's all going well. On my 2nd week there the class teacher introduced me to her son who is a year older than me. He also has to work in the school for part of his course. So every week I go in I see him and he's such a nice guy. I knew I didn't "like" him because he'd only recently broke up with his girlfriend and I didn't think dating the teacher's son was a great idea seeing as she decides my grade for the course - a bit like the not dating the boss's son rule! This was all 8 weeks ago. Anyway, one night we decided to hang out with my friend and her boyfriend and watch movies and stuff. It was the first time we'd seen each other out of the school and he seemed a bit shocked to see me out of the school uniform and in a social setting! That night he was sort of flirting with me a little and it left me confused after it about how I felt about him. Every week at school after that he's been the same and jokes with me and hugs me a lot more than he does with my placement partner. I'm on holiday now so I won't see him for a few weeks but we've been texting and he keeps asking when I'm coming back to the city and that he misses me and stuff. I'm pretty sure I like him but I'm not sure if he likes me?

How can I tell if he likes me or not?

I don't want to make a fool of myself should he not like me because I have to work with him at the school till summer.

He sort of laughs a lot at what I say, talks to me more than other staff, stands close to me blah blah blah. It always seems as if he has something he wants to tell me but he cant because some else is there. But when we're alone he goes all shy and acts more friendly rather than flirty.

I'm confused!!!! I don't know if I explained that well but just ask if I didn't!

Thanks for taking time to read this mini essay btw
    • TSR Support Team

Easy way to solve this, ask him, simples!

I wish it was that simple! I don't want to ask him and make things awkward in-case he doesn't like me.

ReputationRep:
    He likes you.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I wish it was that simple! I don't want to ask him and make things awkward in-case he doesn't like me.
    Do you want to be wondering what if? if he says no at least you know.

That's the thing though - I really want to know where I stand with him!! I'm near that point were I don't care about things being awkward as long as I know what's going on. I next see him around the 11th January and then not till the 24th. Do you think I should ask him on the 11th so if he does say No our friend ship has a while to heal before I next see him?

I think it's fair to say that when it comes to me and guys I fail repeatedly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roo Bix)
    He likes you.
    This.

ReputationRep:
    ask the man out, "wanna watch a movie sometime"

if he says no, kill him

and thus ends your problem.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly I know you just want help, but there is no way anyone on here can answer your question correctly.

Either be abit mature about it and ask the guy or let things continue as they are and see how things go.

ReputationRep:
    you obv know the answer to this but you're doubting yourself

be a bit more forward yourself - ie initiate texting, tell him you miss him.. see how he reacts

or ask him out

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you. Guys don't say they miss people they don't know so well and ask to meet up with them loads for no reason.
    Obviously noone on TSR can ever know completely but it sounds likely!

Why don't you agree to meet up with him when you get back - and see where it goes from there? That way you can see if things progress from friends to something more.

ReputationRep:
    I guess he likes you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure he likes you But I would wait a while, maybe do the whole 11th thing, and what happened to not dating the boss' son? did that just go out of the window?
    good luck x

See, If he was anyone else I would think he likes me. But he's in a band that's pretty popular in the city I'm at and he's gets a lot of fan-girls hitting on him and his band mates at all his gigs which is why I find it a bit odd that he'd go for someone like me when he could have his pick from any of them! Is that weird?

(Original post by IndigoRockGirl)
    I'm pretty sure he likes you But I would wait a while, maybe do the whole 11th thing, and what happened to not dating the boss' son? did that just go out of the window?
    good luck x
    Yup, it went right out the window

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yup, it went right out the window
    Lol, good for you! True love prevails

ReputationRep:
    Yes he does like you, now go get yourself some willy

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask, then prob not.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.