Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone.

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

Me and my bf are at unis 3 hours away from eachother and therefore havent got to see eachother much in the last few months. He also has a different xmas holiday to me so obviously we want to spend as much time together as possible before I have to go back to uni 2 weeks earlier than he does!

We really want to spend New years eve together since its our 4th new year and we've never spent one together but I have absolutely no idea what we could do. All of his friends are going away and all of my friends are dotted around the country and are going back to their unis for new year. One of my friends from uni has bought me a ticket to go out in the town where she lives but its only girls going and obviously hes gona be awkward about going on a girlie night out.

He has absolutely no ideas on what we could do apart from wanting to spend it together (hes always rubbish on plans and ideas haha.) The only thing hes suggested is staying in together. And tbh although I love him to bits and want to spend new years with him, staying in wasnt what I had in mind... lol!

Anyone have any ideas?

xxx
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    Stay in. New Year is the most overrated night out and is usually **** anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Clubbing on NYE is the best. Get some friends together (mixed) and rent a private lounge. It may be a tad late for bookings though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dems1973)
    Hi everyone.

Not sure if this is the right forum but here goes...

Me and my bf
    sorry but you're in the wrong forum

no one has girlfriends or boyfriends here

TSR = The Single Room

ReputationRep:
    Fireworks?

ReputationRep:
    How about going to see Gareth Emery and Marcel Woods at Godskitchen Birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Go see some fireworks or go out for a fancy meal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RNBen)
    Stay in. New Year is the most overrated night out and is usually **** anyway.
    This.
    I'm staying in and then waking up really early for the first run of the year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by galadriel100)
    This.
    I'm staying in and then waking up really early for the first run of the year
    Good for you

ReputationRep:
    Is there a local fireworks display or something you could go to before or after having a drink at a pub/bar.
    I tend to find New Year's Eve is seriously overated anyway. People get so hyped up over the whole event and it usually ends in it being a bit of a let down.
    At least you know this year the company will be good!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.