Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Where I work there is a girl I've started to really like over the past couple of months. We're close and always have been and people refer to us as "besties" and while no one has said anything directly, it's fairly obvious now that people think there is something going on. We've been to the pics together and sometimes go for something to eat after work when we finish. For me they definitely weren't dates and I think we were genuinely just friends but I'd be lying if I said the thought had never crossed my mind. Anyway the other night a big group of us went clubbing and both of us were really drunk...and I think I may have came on a little strong. Nothing happened and no one has said anything including her but I'm now completely confused about the whole thing! I'm thinking of letting it go and moving on but at the same time I think I would always regret it. I don't know whether to try bring it up and apologise if I was too much and try gauge her reaction that way? To make it more confusing though a girl I pulled a few weeks ago (I never pull in clubs my mates were shocked) drunk text me the other night asking me out and I've been kinda texting back without trying to sound overly interested. I'm worried now that I'm a) leaving the girl from work thinking I've been leading her on or b) mess about the other girl. People always say you should take a risk but I can't choose which risk if any is worth taking...potentially throwing away a decent friendship or putting myself out my comfort zone :confused: What would you do TSR?

ReputationRep:
    I would use some paragraphs.

But seriously, the second one doesn't sound like too much of a problem, she probably just wants to get to know you. Relax, and just allow yourself to get to know her, seeing where it goes.

As for the first girl, raise up in some casual conversation how you were pretty drunk the other night and perhaps was out of character, and if she noticed that.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't do anything that you don't feel like doing just because you think it is expected of you. Just go with what feels comfortable.

This girl may think there is something going on - you obviously have things in common if you have been going for drinks/meals after work. She didn't seem to find it out of character that you came on to her as she would have said something if she found it strange. If you like her then take the risk and go for it and see what happens!

As for this girl you met in the club. Do you want to go for a drink with her? It is allowed! Its not as if you have any ties to the other girl at the moment. Make the most of the opportunities given to you if you feel they sound like a good option!

ReputationRep:
    I would go with the girl from work, and apologize to the drunk girl; it seems as though you and the girl from work have a solid basis for a relationship, ie. a fiendship, and if you both like each other, the choice seems obvious.
    Good luck x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 22, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.