Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My mum brought me a phone today - i told her i wanted a 300 minute contract and she brought me a 900 minute contract which is far too much for me. it is a pay monthly contract but is there any way i can get phones 4 u to reduce the tariff to 300 minutes

ReputationRep:
    i would like to know the answer to this too because i got a new contract on monday but the tariff is too much so can i change this so i get less minutes

ReputationRep:
    only if they agree

i guess lower minutes = lower monthly fee, so they will probably refuse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa10)
    My mum brought me a phone today - i told her i wanted a 300 minute contract and she brought me a 900 minute contract which is far too much for me. it is a pay monthly contract but is there any way i can get phones 4 u to reduce the tariff to 300 minutes
    Call customer services!
    They are brilliant, honest.
    I had MAJOR issues with them selling me a £429 phone which was second hand and they didn't tell me.

Customer services is the way to go.

Just explain how your Mother was missold, she didn't fully understand and therefore it was not sold ethically to her,- she wanted 300 minutes and walked out with more,- because of rough sales.

They're open until 10pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clubber Lang)
    only if they agree

i guess lower minutes = lower monthly fee, so they will probably refuse.
    who, the network or phones 4 u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rj0804)
    i would like to know the answer to this too because i got a new contract on monday but the tariff is too much so can i change this so i get less minutes

See my post above this one, they most likely will.
    ^ look above.

ReputationRep:
    i just rang vodafone up.the woman on the phone didn't really know what she was talking about - she said that i cannot downgrade the contract but i can cancel it and take a new one out. phones 4 u said i cannot cancel my contract but this vodafone woman is saying i can - does anyone have any experience. can i cancel the contract even though i did not buy the phone from vodafone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by super.teve)
    See my post above this one, they most likely will.
    ^ look above.
    i just rang vodafone up.the woman on the phone didn't really know what she was talking about - she said that i cannot downgrade the contract but i can cancel it and take a new one out. phones 4 u said i cannot cancel my contract but this vodafone woman is saying i can - does anyone have any experience. can i cancel the contract even though i did not buy the phone from vodafone

ReputationRep:
    You can push that the contract was not sold in a fair way,- be persistent and polite. Your best bet would be through Phones 4 U, they sold it to you, and they are legally accountable for what was sold and the way it was sold. Whilst Vodaphone are responsible for delivering the service.

Call Phones 4 U back,- they tend to be really helpful from what i've found.

Claim it was sold unethically, you didn't understand or fully know what you were getting and didn't plan on being sold what you brought.
    You can push for something,- but what I'm not sure. Just be clear in that the sales rep was unhelpful and confused you, you ended up walking out not knowing what you signed and in the mind the deal was fair. In retrospect, you have realised this is not what you had the intention of buying, or even ne
    ed.

You signed a contract, it would more than likely be a gesture of goodwill.

ReputationRep:
    i really don't get this. after doing some research im soo confused. does anyone know if it is actually possible to downgrade a contract with phones 4 u to the lowest tariff. comparing the lowest tariff to the one i've got - the phone is still free on the new tarifff and the contract lengths are the same. some people are saing i cannot downgrade but i dont know what to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elsa10)
    i really don't get this. after doing some research im soo confused. does anyone know if it is actually possible to downgrade a contract with phones 4 u to the lowest tariff. comparing the lowest tariff to the one i've got - the phone is still free on the new tarifff and the contract lengths are the same. some people are saing i cannot downgrade but i dont know what to do
    You signed a contract, BUT, if they want too and you argue the case enough, it is possible to get it downgraded.
    They by no means do not need too,- which has been said.

However, if you argue what I posted in bold above, then it is very possible.

ReputationRep:
    vodafone basically told me that i can't downgrade until month 9 of the 24 month contract. but now my dad is saying that he wants the sim card after month 12. the phones 4 u people were saying that they no longer operate a 14 or 7 day cooling off period so i cannot change the tariff or terms of the contract. i dont think im ever going to get a contract again though, much better to get a sim only deal.

ReputationRep:
    who, the network or phones 4 u
    You are in an airtime contract with the network. They COULD allow you to downgrade but they wont as it will cost them money

In SOME circumstances you can cancel the contract with the peopel who sold you the phone (Phones4U in this case) and that would cancel the aitime contract - however this usually is allowed if you ordered online.

If someone went into the shop and signed the contract in the shop they do not have a LEGAL right to cancel the contrat. Some networks will allow you to cancel within a certain number of days but thats only as a bonus they include themselves.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.